“Happy with this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville

and 1 more site!
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Happy with this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at Doubletrees in the past and have been disappointed but not this time. This one is definitely more up scale and like we are used to with Hamptons where we usually stay. The hotel was very clean. Wonderful pool area and great staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Reino,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and our lovely pool area. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests, so thank you for mentioning the service you experienced. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Doubletree Charlottesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New Castle, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed here twice now for work due to the convenient location, but have been unimpressed both times. The outside of the hotel and common areas are much nicer than the guest rooms I have stayed in. Small things, such as heat not seeming to work well, shower head bent at a weird angle, and socket holes too big to hold a normal plug, keep my rating from being any higher than average. I had no problems with cleanliness though, and hotel staff are friendly. Okay for required travel to C'ville area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stays at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve. I have taken note of your valuable comments and they will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. I am glad that the cleanliness and service is where we strive for it to be and I regret that the guest room did not meet that same expectation. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back again.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a nice place to stay, pretty and well designed. They have a great pool/hot tub there as well, and the restaurants are enjoyable. They provide free hot cookies to the guests, a nice touch. Plenty of amble free parking. This was my second time there, I was nearby to host a corporate program.
My first time there, I was placed on the top floor, the Executive suite of rooms. This time I was on the second floor, which is 1 down from the lobby. The room although clean and well ordered was in some major need of plumbing work, The bathroom sink didn't drain properly and the following morning, as I had to run to a meeting, the shower wasn't working. I yanked on the shower knob to then point where I thought I'd rip it out of the wall, and had to call for an engineer to come and get it going, and he yanked it harder than I did to get it working. I didn't let him shut it off. Then while in the shower, I was calf deep in water as that didn't drain properly either. Hustling out to the meeting while checking out, all this put a dimmer view on this place than I had in my first run with them. If you stay here, check the plumbing first. Also make sure you have a handle on the heating cooling system as well before bedtime.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
John,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your two most recent visits to Charlottesville. We strive to exceed expectations on each visit and regretfully we failed to achieve that during this trip. Please reach out to me directly so we can address your experiences in the room you stayed in most recently, it is certainly not acceptable. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back and provide the exemplary experience you had upon your first visit.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Hummelstown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel! Everything about it was perfect and what I appreciated the most was the friendliness of the entire staff. Whether they were providing a service or just passing me in the hallway, every staff member was extremely friendly. I also appreciated the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel and the food at breakfast was absolutely delicious!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Cheryl,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team and are glad that you enjoyed the work of our culinary staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Vienna, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hotel is clean, well priced and comfortable. It is definitely a nice hotel if you are visiting Monticello, Ashlawn or wineries on the outskirts of town. If you are looking to explore the city or university, however, the location is less than perfect. Scored sleep quality as average (rather than excellent) because the beds in a shared room are doubles rather than queens. Even though the hotel is located near the airport, it was quite quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

2C2M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing an outstanding experience and we rely on your feedback to continue improving. I am pleased that you found the location to be convenient for the many beautiful attractions in the area. Upon your future visits speak with our reception team for suggestions about the best times to visit the downtown are to avoid any traffic. We have made note of your comment about the bed size and will take any opportunities to improve that during future hotel refreshes. We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back.
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for on a Friday night for a quick one night stay as the original hotel I wanted in downtown was not available. The room was clean and comfortable and love the proper desk and chair in the room. I would have rated 4-stars / very good, except the bathtub/toilet area is showing its age, the toilet runs periodically (very loudly), and bathtub drain and faucet was in poor condition and didn't work properly. My biggest issue however was the room has poor sound insulation from the rooms next to you and the hallway noise. I can clearly hear noise from the rooms next door and people's conversations in the hallway and other doors opening and closing.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room on a higher floor would be quieter or further down the hallway, as the sounds tend to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
GM Tom,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities in the room. Please accept my apologies that your bathroom and insulation concerns disrupted you and overshadowed an otherwise very good stay. Please know that we have recorded your comments and will use them to make improvements to the guest room experience in future refreshes. I certainly hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please reach out to me directly if you have any additional feedback or if I can be of assistance with future reservations.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

A first class property - well appointed and well maintained. A first class, large pool with jacuzzi and adequate gym.

Great stock of local beers in pub.

Next door to a Sam's Club if that turns you on.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
AC Gardiner,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased that everything was "First Class" for you. There are so many great breweries in the area I am glad that you enjoyed the selection at TJ's Tavern. We look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - DoubleTree Charlottesville