“Great value, great location!”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Fredericksburg, United States
“Great value, great location!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We chose this hotel not knowing much about Charlottesville. Turns out it is in the PERFECT location! The Double Tree is right between the airport and the university, so it is very convenient to all that Charlottesville has to offer. Not a spectacular view, but that doesn't keep the hotel from providing excellent service!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Ryan,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am so pleased that you found the location convenient for your inaugural trip to Charlottesville. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - DoubleTree Charlottesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We have stayed in this hotel in the past, as it is convenient to a family member. We were in town for a family function and this was the place we were all staying. Upon checking in, we were greeted by very friendly front desk staff. They were the highlight of our stay. Once we got to our room, we noticed that it was clean and bright. We brought a cooler and invited a couple family members to our room, and noticed we needed a couple more glasses. Since the cleaning staff were still on our floor, I asked for a couple more glasses. To my disgust, he brought in 2 used glasses, in a towel, went to our bathroom sink and rinsed them out, dried them, and handed them to me. OMG!!! Of course we wouldn't use them and he didn't speak English, so couldn't voice our concern. After that, anytime I saw the cleaning cart in the hall, I looked to see if there were clean glasses on it. NOPE, never. That must be what they do everytime. I spoke to the manager, who said she was unaware of this and that she would speak to the housekeeping staff, but I have a feeling this is the way they do business. I had already used the glass in our room, and felt sick to my stomach for the rest of the trip. Also, the staff doesn't seem to consider looking at an ID before letting someone into your room. One of our party had checked in late, when they got to their room, the key didn't work. One of the party waited by the door, while the other went down to get a new key. The cleaning crew was around, so let her in, into a room that was already occupied. Half way through our stay, my key quit working, but when I went to the front desk to ask for another (from someone I hadn't seen previously) they just handed me a key to the room I asked for. No looking me up to make sure I was in that room. I can't believe they wouldn't ask for i.d. and check to make sure I wasn't going to someone else's room. Very poor, in this day and time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cindy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback. I appreciate your loyalty to the hotel. I am pleased that you found our staff to be friendly and your room to be clean. Please accept my sincere apologies about your experiences on this trip. Please know that all of our glasses are sent through a dishwasher before they are returned to guest rooms, we will monitor that service to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We take guest security very seriously and without specific guest familiarity will always check identification, we will use your comments as a training opportunity. Please reach out to me directly if you have any other questions about our cleanliness or security standards. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention we look forward to a chance to welcome you back again.
313-253-4344
Chester
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This hotel was substandard to other Double Tree/Hilton hotels I've stayed. Bathroom needs some repairs/improvements, especially replacement of the shower head. Dislike the bathroom door opening into the toilet and tub, leaving no room for access to the toilet/tub without stepping to the side and shutting the door. Very surprised and disappointed the room did not have a mini-fridge. Didn't receive cookie at check-in, but requested and received it the next day after seeing other guests receive one at check-in. Dining room facilities were very good, and buffet breakfast was great! As always, I love the free access to the business center computers. Attractive lobby and courteous staff. Parking spaces are closer together than desired, but understandable if space is limited and not a problem to walk to the furthest away spaces. Pool and fitness center looked good, but unprepared to use them this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Wendy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so pleased that many aspects of your stay reflected what you should expect and am glad you enjoyed TJ's Tavern, the complimentary business center, and parking. I am particularly pleased that our staff was always courteous. Please accept my apologies that you did not get your warm cookie upon arrival! Please know that we have taken note of your comments about the guest room experience and will take opportunities to improve during future hotel refreshes. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at Doubletrees in the past and have been disappointed but not this time. This one is definitely more up scale and like we are used to with Hamptons where we usually stay. The hotel was very clean. Wonderful pool area and great staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Reino,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and our lovely pool area. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests, so thank you for mentioning the service you experienced. We thank you for your candid feedback, and hope that you will choose to stay with us should you visit the area again.
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have stayed here twice now for work due to the convenient location, but have been unimpressed both times. The outside of the hotel and common areas are much nicer than the guest rooms I have stayed in. Small things, such as heat not seeming to work well, shower head bent at a weird angle, and socket holes too big to hold a normal plug, keep my rating from being any higher than average. I had no problems with cleanliness though, and hotel staff are friendly. Okay for required travel to C'ville area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Julie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stays at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve. I have taken note of your valuable comments and they will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests. I am glad that the cleanliness and service is where we strive for it to be and I regret that the guest room did not meet that same expectation. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a nice place to stay, pretty and well designed. They have a great pool/hot tub there as well, and the restaurants are enjoyable. They provide free hot cookies to the guests, a nice touch. Plenty of amble free parking. This was my second time there, I was nearby to host a corporate program.
My first time there, I was placed on the top floor, the Executive suite of rooms. This time I was on the second floor, which is 1 down from the lobby. The room although clean and well ordered was in some major need of plumbing work, The bathroom sink didn't drain properly and the following morning, as I had to run to a meeting, the shower wasn't working. I yanked on the shower knob to then point where I thought I'd rip it out of the wall, and had to call for an engineer to come and get it going, and he yanked it harder than I did to get it working. I didn't let him shut it off. Then while in the shower, I was calf deep in water as that didn't drain properly either. Hustling out to the meeting while checking out, all this put a dimmer view on this place than I had in my first run with them. If you stay here, check the plumbing first. Also make sure you have a handle on the heating cooling system as well before bedtime.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
John,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your two most recent visits to Charlottesville. We strive to exceed expectations on each visit and regretfully we failed to achieve that during this trip. Please reach out to me directly so we can address your experiences in the room you stayed in most recently, it is certainly not acceptable. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back and provide the exemplary experience you had upon your first visit.
313-253-4344
Hummelstown, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel! Everything about it was perfect and what I appreciated the most was the friendliness of the entire staff. Whether they were providing a service or just passing me in the hallway, every staff member was extremely friendly. I also appreciated the cleanliness of all areas of the hotel and the food at breakfast was absolutely delicious!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Cheryl,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team and are glad that you enjoyed the work of our culinary staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.