“Great hotel but needs basic fixes” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville

and 1 more site!
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Centreville, United States
“Great hotel but needs basic fixes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Wonderful hotel overall .. but 'small items' they need to get fixed: directions lack for the last 1/4 mile; shower drains very slowly (water to ankle for 8-10 minute shower); phone didn't work, seemed stuck and many buttons did not depress. At checkout they were pleasant but did not seem to care about the issues.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments with us. I would appreciate an opportunity to learn a bit more detail about your experiences so I can ensure that they are addressed. Please know that our receptions team does report all maintenance items that are brought to their attention, I apologize that they did not seem sincerely concerned about their resolution. I hope to have a chance to speak with you soon and also to welcome you back so we can provide you with a flawless experience.
313-253-4344

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Yes, I'm an Eloise, a lover, as she was, of really good hotels. The Doubletree in C'ville is one of those. My car dealer and car service central, Brown's, is nearby. Sam's Club is sandwiched in between. You could stop and think for a moment about that location, maybe not so good, maybe not as good as the Omni downtown on the Mall, but you would be wrong. If you need to stay in a very nice place close to the C'ville Airport and need a hotel shuttle even as early as 4 a.m., well, Doubletree will accommodate you. Point one. Price points aren't too bad: $125/night, for example, and you can probably get better, settles you into a beautiful king almost suite on a high floor overlooking the mountains (just ask for a far Northwest room). Just ask. Point two. After getting a very nice chocolate chip cookie when I made the reservation in person and another upon the day of my arrival, I wandered about the hotel, loving its layout. From a balconey on the way to the room elevators, I looked down on a very respectable pool and spa. Couldn't wait to get in. When I did, very nice. Point three. A lovely bar/dining room adjoins, from above, the pool and spa. With a great menu and very nice Virginia wine selections. I tuckered into VERY GOOD caesar salad and grilled salmon with a lovely white wine. Point four. Everyone, from clerk to wait staff to my early morning shuttle driver proved competent and friendly. Clearly, this Doubletree treats its staff well, and that comes through in the way they treat you ! A very important point five. I later learned that this is the preferred hotel for many sports teams coming through C'ville. I'm not surprised. This Doubletree has everything you need, under one roof. Including fresh air. Exit the pool, and you find yourself on a nice plaza, perfect for weddings and other important large events. The chef's garden lies on one edge,a demonstration garden but also used by the kitchen. How C'ville is that ! Check this place out. It is a gem.

Room Tip: Far Northwest corner, up high.
KitKat,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. Your fellow travelers find your reviews very helpful; we appreciate you detailed account of your experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!
Chartlottsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Very nice staff. did everything they could to make our stay comfortable. The shower did not work in our room, but they gave us a free breakfast. Nice touch at the end when leaving the hotel warm cookies. I would stay there again and hope my shower works.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Francis,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities; and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Please accept our apologies that your shower was not working. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon,we assure you it will provide the same high quality as the rest of your stay.
Augusta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I enjoyed this hotel. The room was comfortable; wifi was good; food was good; Harry and Puneet at the bar were great. I never had to wait for the elevator. Parking was self-parking and not hard to find a space. Lots of restaurants close by, but the hotel's food was good too. I had stayed in Cville once before at a different hotel and visited a coworker at this DoubleTree. I liked what I saw and this time I made sure to stay there too.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Andrew,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests; I will be sure to recognize the people you mentioned for the positive impact they had on your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Odenton, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and service. Rooms are large and clean. Actually checked in while room was being cleaned AND sanitized. Front desk more than apologetic and immediately changed room without even a issue being raised. Beautifully decorated. Indoor, clean pool visible from lobby overlook. Minutes from UVA and downtown Charlottesville. Full shopping area nearby.

Stayed April 2014
Greg,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visit. I regret that your check-in was interrupted, but am pleased that our staff was able to recover flawlessly. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Prince George, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

The first night stay we had the fire alarm go off two times. On our last night there we had placed our breakfast order on the door and selected a time for it to be delivered. After an hour past due I called and was told it was on the way up. 15 minutes after that I had a knock at the door. It was not breakfast, it was a employee and when I opened the door, he looked surprised....I called and cancelled breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Michael,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Please accept my sincere apologies that your evening was disrupted by the fire alarm. Your safety and security is our primary concern, and the alarm was treated as legitimate until it could be investigated and verified as false. Rest assured that we have addressed the cause and it will not happen again. Regarding your experience with in room dining it is certainly not indicative of the high quality service that we pride ourselves on. Please reach out to me directly so I have a chance to follow up on your concerns.
Elkton, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

New location for our nutrition conference; plenty of room; restaurant had good food and helped insure gluten free choices. The only reason cleanliness was rated very good rather than excellent was, each day, I noticed a multiple little pieces of trash (paper, foil, etc.) in the hallways where the rooms were, probably dropped while housekeeping was cleaning; eventually they were picked up, but more always seemed to appear. The rest of the hotel was immaculate. I would stay there again.

Karen,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent conference. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. Thank you for your feedback about the hallway cleanliness, we will share it with our team so it can be addressed. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.