“Needs Help”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The staff were great, once I finally found the hotel. The email I received did not have the hotel's phone # on it and it took an hour and a half to finally find it. The check in supervisor deleted the doggie fee as a result, which was appreciated. The grounds need more attention. A large trash receptacle near the front of the hotel was overflowing with trash. I mentioned it to a staff member and some three hours later it was cleaned up. The tub faucet and commode in the bathroom both needed to be adjusted. I did appreciate the doggie area but had to walk through the smoking area to get to it. The dining room was quite pricey so I ate only one meal there. Surely Double Tree by Hilton can do better than that. Dr, Mayda Nel Strong

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dr. Strong,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. Please know that we used your feedback about the exterior areas and guest bath as training for our team to ensure that special attention is being paid to these areas. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

WOW we had such a wonderful stay in the DoubleTree hotel in Charlottesville for our wedding anniversary. We selected a name we were familiar with (as in DoubleTree Roanoke VA) so we would know what to expect. This hotel was superior in everything. Their service, room, food, accomodations, ALL was superb! Thank you for being the BEST!

Room Tip: ask for a room with a VIEW! :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

CD Hartless,
Congratulations on your anniversary! I am so pleased that you chose to share it with us. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and your fellow travelers. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

When my wife checked in, the desk clerk was polite, informing my wife that the hotel had only one room available for early check in, that it was at the end of the hall, and asking if that would be acceptable. I had called ahead to arrange early check in and my wife was pleased to know that the hotel had that request and that a room was available. She gave my wife the folio with the keys. My wife went up to the room indicated on the folio. She tried both keys, neither of which worked, and had our son-in-law try both keys as well, to make sure she wasn't doing something incorrectly. When my wife went back down to the desk. the clerk who had checked her in was busy, so she was assisted by the other desk clerk. My wife explained that the keys she had been given did not work in the room indicated on the folio. As the desk clerk assisting her was looking up our information in the computer, the clerk who had checked my wife in interrupted and accused my wife of putting both keys next to her phone. The clerk assisting my wife had retrieved our information and asked my wife why she was trying to use the keys in that room when the computer showed we were assigned to a different room. My wife told her that was the room she was given and showed her the folio. The clerk assisting my wife looked at the folio and confirmed that it had the wrong number on it. The clerk who had originally assisted my wife interrupted again, insisting that she had written the correct number on the folio and asserting that the clerk now assisting my wife must be trying to give us someone else's room. After the two clerks discussed the situation, the clerk now assisting my wife apologized for the hotel's error and politely and professionally assisted my wife. Her assistance included asking my wife if she had been told about the executive level and the concierge lounge, which the original clerk had not done, and then explained them to my wife. While I understand that errors are made and appreciate professional efforts to correct those errors, I was distressed to hear of the treatment my wife received. The original desk clerk's accusatory interruption and dispute with the assisting clerk while she was trying to correct her error was something I have never experienced in a major hotel chain, and is certainly not the level of service I expect of a Hilton property when dealing with a Hilton Honors member. Unfortunately, my wife was too stunned by this treatment to take either clerk's name. I would like to commend the second clerk's professional assistance to my wife in a difficult situation. That said, I suggest that some performance management is needed in the case of the clerk who originally checked my wife in.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Alec,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments with us. Let me assure you that we take great pride in our service and anything short of fantastic is not acceptable. I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this. Rest assured that we have used your feedback as a training opportunity for our team. I certainly hope that you will consider joining us again so we can provide the flawless experience you deserve.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel to stay in in Charlottesville. My kids (teenage boys) love it. We always stay on the Executive floor, which I highly recommend. It is quiet, and the lounge is great for the evening reception and the breakfast in the AM. Staff here is extremely friendly and helpful. An all around peaceful and pleasurable experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Victoria,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently traveled on business to Charlottesville and found this hotel very accommodating and service in restaurant great. I plan to use this hotel again when I stay in this area. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Raymond,
I am pleased that business brought you to Charlottesville and that you chose to stay with us during your visit. I am so pleased that the service and amenities you experience helped to enhance your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Solid hotel choice. A little out of the way from downtown, but it is comfortable and clean. Nice exercise room and indoor pool. The lounge was comfortable and you could enjoy it whether by yourself or with friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Mdatpierce,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities; and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here one night to catch a flight early the next morning. The lobby was impressive, and the cookies were amazing, as always. The staff was courteous and we slept great. The room was large and comfortable, and we had a great stay. As others have stated, it was a bit noisier than expected. Used Hilton points to get this room, and it was definitely convenient to the airport. I would likely consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

EC United,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad that our DoubleTree cookies are as amazing as you remember. I regret that the noise level was greater than you expected and apologize for any disruption it caused. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.