“Wonderful Suite!”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Wonderful Suite!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stayed at this property several times over the years. I was able to secure a suite for the one night I was with them. This made for a wonderful stay. The room while out-of-date was nice to enjoy with my partner. The room had a separate living room with t.v. and a hot tub in the bed room. The bathroom was plenty big for more than two people. We didn't make it to bfast this time in the lounge or on the main level however I've had it in the past and it wasn't something that was all that great. ( I definitely wouldn't pay) I didn't make it to the gym on this trip either but it does have several machines to get a good workout in.

There are many restaurants and shopping (Mall, Wal-Mart, Target) right down the road.

I highly recommend this property when traveling to the Charlottesville area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Randy,
Thank you for joining us again and sharing your feedback, we appreciate your loyalty. I am so pleased that you find the location to be perfect for your visits to Charlottesville. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - DoubleTree Charlottesville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel has a few suites with two bathrooms. This was a must with a family of 5 trying to get ready for a wedding. Also one member of our family had a 21th birthday so we had enough room to have a birthday party in our room.
Since we are diamond members we were also able to have free breakfast on the concierge 9th floor.

The only problem was because it was a wedding we had many rooms and one family had a non smoking room and the room next store was a smoking room so the smoke went thought the wall. This was really bad.

Other then that the hotel was great

Room Tip: always ask for an end room because they are bigger and in most cases a little more quite
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jerod,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for the wedding, happy birthday also! We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort and best amenities. I am glad that the suite was just what you needed and that you were able to enjoy breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Selbyville
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband and 2 grandchildren had book a night on the 3rd for what we thought were 2 queen size beds. When we got there we found out they were doubles and would not work for my teenage grandsons. When I called the desk to see what we could do, the very rude desk clerk said we have no queens here at the hotel. I asked her if we could have a cot. She said no but we could pay for another room. When I explained that wasn't possible she said "well it looks like you're out of luck. Needless to say it was an awful night.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Lizw66
Liz,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments with us. Let me assure you that we take great pride in the service that we provide to each guest and anything short of fantastic is not acceptable. I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this. Please know that we have used your feedback to refresh the training of our team. We look forward to regaining your trust during future visits.
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Not only did I not have any hot water, the front desk only offered to send an engineer up to the room. I was in a towel at 7 am getting ready for a conference! I didn't have the time to wait and when the engineer did take a look at the room, he said he couldn't get any hot water anyway. I wasn't charged for the room (after several hours of waiting to be contacted by a manager) but wasn't offered anything else for comp. Miserable experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jennybeth D
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Jennybeth,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience and I regret that our team was not able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
New England
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The front desk staff and concierge floor lounge staff were all friendly and helpful. The location is convenient for touring Charlottesville but a car is needed to get around even to restaurants. The property is older and looks dated from the outside. Room was very clean and comfortable but nothing special. Bathroom was a bit small. There was only one elevator working during our entire stay and on the last morning painters were in the hallway very early using loud radio communications. Wifi signal was very weak or non-existent in our room making working difficult. We are loyal to the Hilton brand and this was an average and acceptable hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Blue Water Diva,
We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and thank you for taking time to share your comments. We use these reviews as a way to improve upon the service that we provide. I am pleased that you were provided the high quality staff service that we expect and regret that we missed some other opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience. Please know that we will continue to address these concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Charslottesville, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great facility, good staff, closeness of other amenities and retail stores/restaurants was wonderful, and our family reunion was absolutely the BEST and this hotel participated in making that happen for us.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Miasha,
Thank you for joining us for your family reunion. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We can't wait to welcome you back.
Charlotsville, VA, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Though rated a hotel, I would rate this a motel. Both rooms were in poor condition and showers did not drain as they must. Carpet and bedding was in poor condition and the bed skirt was gross. You can hear everything in the hallway from your room. I did not get a good nights sleep due to this. The lobby is nice and the staff are friendly though. An executive and business owner, I call the head quarters requesting a call from their executive staff. I never received a simple call. UNSAT!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Kelly,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. I am pleased that the staff was friendly and provided the service that we expect. Please accept my sincere apologies that the room was not to that same high level. Know that we have used your feedback to make immediate improvements and will also use them to guide us during future hotel refreshes. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have not been personally contacted by the DoubleTree team yet. We look forward to regaining your trust during future visits.