“Room is Fine, Really Sad Executive Club”

Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
arlington, va
“Room is Fine, Really Sad Executive Club”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

As others have noted, property is a bit out of town and very often hosts large groups. Lobby and public areas are quite attractive, room a bit plain but good sized and comfortable, so no complaints there.

If you are a HHonors member (gold or above) you have executive club access, but be warned - the offerings there are really sad. Evening reception had a 3/4 picked over veggie platter and one hot offerings, something with bacon on a stick (I ate it, have no idea what it was). When we went to breakfast around 9:30, there were dirty tables everywhere and almost all of the food offerings were out. A staff member came in a few minutes later with a few more baked goods and to clean up a bit, but no refresh on fruit salad or eggs. Coffee cups gone, orange "juice" some really low quality tang thing ---- maybe it was a bad weekend but the impression given was this room is for freeloaders and let's provide an absolute minimum of effort.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Hmcust,
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed the public areas of the hotel and the the size and comfort of our guest rooms was great. We appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Honors member and the Executive lounge is meant to celebrate that. Please accept my sincere apologies that you did not find it to enhance your visit. We will use your feedback to continue to monitor and improve that area of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back so we can regain your trust.
313-253-4344

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed 23 August 2014

With leaking water from the AC unit, I am sure that the mold in the room resulted in my wife and me having asthma attacks.The front desk attendant was very understanding and offered free breakfast the next morning as the hotel was booked and we went through a 3rd party for the booking.

The third party did pay for 1/2 of the room bill,but that still was not compensation enough.

Room Tip: I was not impressed with the place.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank beachteach15
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Beach Teach,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that the room was not up to our standard and for any discomfort that this caused you or your wife. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up on your concerns.
CHESAPEAK, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was there on business and only stay one night (two days). The hotel was just beautiful as well as the location. The staff was so friendly and polite. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and had a large variety. I enjoy my stall and hope to return there, but not for work.

Kimberly,
I am pleased that you were able to join us for your recent business trip to the area. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that the amenities and outlets like TJ's Tavern helped to enhance your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Ate at the restaurant and the bartender didnt want to take my order and pasted me off to a table server but I did sit at the bar. They failed to clean my room correctly and whne I told them they never fixed until I email Hilton --- I am Charlottesville for the next 3 weeks I am didnt rebook at the Double tree

2 Thank Dale Henry D
Dale Henry,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. You have been loyal to the hotel during your trips to Charlottesville and I regret that we have missed some opportunities to provide you with flawless experiences. Please know that we are using your comments to continue improving. I understand that you have been in contact with our team and we look forward to regaining your trust during your continued visits.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Generally, I'm a big fan of Doubletrees, the rooms are very comfortable, with nice furnishings and comfortable beds, and this branch was no different. Given the price of the room, however, I expected the hotel to be closer to downtown. The hotel was quite far from town, we're talking beyond the car dealerships, next door to the Wal-Mart on the edge of town. That said, there was plenty of free parking, and you're 15 minutes to the University and about 20 minutes to Monticello.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
TUFish,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased that you found the rooms and amenities to be to the high standard that you expect and that you enjoyed the luxury of complimentary parking that our location affords us. As you mentioned, we are only a short drive from UVA and Monticello. We look forward to welcoming you back during your future visits.
Bellmore, Long Island
Reviewed 17 August 2014

As a gold member of Hilton, I always look for a Hilton property when we travel. While Hampton Inns are good, I like the cooked to order breadfasts in the DoubleTree and Hilton Gardens. If you are not a gold member you must pay for the breadfast, but gold and above get it for free. I was not disappointed with the french toast and side order of eggs. Good way to start the day.

The room was spacious, the staff was friendly, and the stay was very pleasant. Beds were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again if in the area. Relatively close to Monticello (just a bit north) and close to highways. Rooms have WiFi, it is free if you are gold, not sure if you are not.

One last note on how I do ratings. I reserve 5 Stars for those hotels that totally surprise me with some outstanding feature or features that blow me away. This hotel met and exceeded all the things I expect from a Hilton Hotel, therefore I gave it a "4".

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Retired Traveler,
We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your dining options in TJ's Tavern and that the breakfast helped to fuel your day of travels to Monticello. We look forward to welcoming you back during future travels.
Clinton, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The Charlottesville DoubleTree Hotel is a tradition for me. I typically visit Charlottesville a couple of times each year, and I never stay anywhere else. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious, clean and well furnished. The breakfast is plentiful with an excellent variety of dishes. The hotel is about four miles from the University/downtown area, but the relative seclusion is peaceful and relaxing.

John,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you found the location to be perfect for your visits and am so pleased to hear that the service our team provides and the convenient amenities here keep you coming back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.