“Cheap rates!”

Super 8 Charlottesville
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I stayed overnight at the Super 8 Motel on a business trip. The price was right and the room was a non-smoking, single queen. It was nicely decorated with granite tops on all the furniture. The carpeting was clean and attractive. The bathroom had a hair dryer and coffee maker with individual coffees packets and was also very clean. The towels and sheets were a little worn, but they were clean and served their purpose. The clerk at the front desk (Jean) was very helpful and accommodating because there was some confusion with a colleague's reservation. There was also a continental breakfast offered in the lobby, for which I was too late, but it's nice that one is offered. To sum up, I paid $57 for a room that was comfortable and certainly met my needs. Nothing fancy to be sure, but then again, I wasn't paying for luxury.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Charlottesville

Reviewed 10 December 2011

Stayed there from 2 - 4 dec 2011. Staff was nice but I got home and have been itching for a week! Went to ER and found out that I had bed bugs attack my back, arms, neck, and shoulders! I could not believe it. Taking prednisone that I got from the doctor! Upon return, I washed my clothes and bedding because I was not sure what was going on. I'm so mad and plan to write the company. I was in room 118.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Blessedtwoday
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Room was clean. Had refrigerator and microwave. Paid average $64 a night with taxes. Hotel staff friendly and informative. Breakfast was minimal but at least a little something to get you out the door-coffee, pastry, donuts, english muffin, juice. Everything was in working order in the room and free wifi and in room coffee. Right off major route so quick access to major highways.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

A typical Super 8. Not extravagent but perfectly fine for a nights stay. I have found Charlottesville to be relatively expensive as far as hotels/motels go so this fits the bill if you are looking to spend less than $100 a night. Is it as nice as a Hampton Inn, no, but it is fine to just sleep. My husband left his pillow in the room (he always brings his from home) and the front desk manager went out of her way to look for it and eventually found it. She was very helpful. Breakfast wsa just cold milk, but hey, save the money and go out to eat if you want. Would stay there again. Close to UVA and downtown.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Worst Hotel/Motel stay ever! The people that worked there were very nice and friendly, but that is the only positive thing I can say. The room was dirty, old, nasty, and smelled horrible. The room smelled like mold, mildew, and ashtrays. The bed was very uncomfortable, very thin mattress and a very old mattress. There wasn't even a fitted sheet on the bed, the bottom sheet was a flat sheet that wasn't even tucked in. I have slept on better pull out sofa beds! The walls must be paper thin because I could hear everything else going on around us. We wouldn't even use the shower because we were so grossed out by the whole room. I'm not a picky person and don't require much from a hotel/motel for a one night stay, but this was just awful. Do not stay at this place!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this Motel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnie h
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed two nights while traveling up towards New York. A bit worn-out, but clean, comfortable, convenient and friendly. Close to town and campus, easy access in & out of town. Great value if you're looking for comfortable bed, and hot shower and few amenities.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We have stayed at this particular Super 8 many times. We have seen it needing remodeling, then when that came, we were very pleased. The hall carpet still needs replacement, but the rooms look quiet impressive with orange carpet. The mexican restaruant is across the street and it's great to just walk over there. But on this particular day, Sept 16, 2011, we were surprised by one huge problem.......FLEAS!! and more FLEAS !
The motel accepts pets, but we never expected to be attacked by fleas. The clerk politely and efficiently changed our rooms to the second floor, but we had fleas following us. So we killed two or three more and were undisturbed the rest of the night. What got us a bit annoyed is that the clerk said they would use a roach bomb to take care of them. Fine. But why didn't the morning clerk know anything about it? Did she forget to relay the message or simply ignored us?. If you want to take the risk to go there, go ahead, but I'd give the motel a good 6 months to fix the flea problem. If you know anything about fleas, they multiply quickly. And if you want to check that first , this is how you do it. Put on some white socks and walk into the room (leave your luggage outside).........skoot your feet around and sit down and wait. Give it 5 minutes. If there are any fleas you should see them on your socks. It works every time. That night the rate was $77.00............we plan to spend a little more and go to somewhere that doesn't accept pets. At least for 2011.
As for you. Enjoy the town, but room at this motel at your own risk. Remember fleas attack children as well............it's all up to you. If Super 8 reads this, I challenge them to post when they have treated the entire 1st floor. Otherwise, we won't be there again this year. We plan 3 more trips to the town.....

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor for 2011
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple