This property has not been remodeled since they built it decades ago. 70's? The rooms are dated, dark and somewhat musty. In fact the entire property has a very depressing atmosphere...it gives authentic English inns a rather bad name. Front desk staff were indifferent and refused to allow me to check in early even though a room was in fact ready...I arrived at 12:00, check in is at 3pm. Avoid the breakfast included with the room rate and walk next door to Bodos Bagels for a much better breakfast.
I find it hard to believe that this property is the highest ranked in C'ville as there are several much better options nearby. What am I missing? I will not be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville