The location is superb, and near so many attractions, as the University of VA, the historic sites downtown, and right off route 29. The staff were very helpful (polite and friendly) with maps to this visitor who had no GPS nor Iphone. Let me mention Rika and Craig in particular, who went out of their way to help especially when there were three weddings parties staying this past weekend, and many guests there for a home game with UVA. In comparison to other hotels, the breakfast buffet was certainly above average with both cold and hot entrees. I enjoyed my time in my room, a King's size , as it was ample in space, and clean, and with 2 TVs. The bed was comfortable. The AC was great. I utilized the on-site exercise room on the first floor and appreciated it. The pool was a little too warm for my tastes, and passed on it, though it is appealing in its size. I was involved with a wedding, so didn't eat at the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville