The English Inn of Charlottesville
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$164
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$140
Doubletree by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$142
Doubletree.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Monticello(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$120
SleepInn
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$142
GardenInn.com
Hyatt Place Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$200
Hyatt.com
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$150
Hotels.com
Omni Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$259
  • Pool
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$118
Boar's Head Resort(Charlottesville)
US$232
1,212 results
All reviewscookieshigh tealarge indoor poolcommunity gardenbagel shopbodo's bagelshot breakfastchain hotelsking suitefrench toastmain buildingbreakfast rooma great place to stayconvenient locationoatmealfront desk stafflobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been staying at the English Inn for the past 20 years for business. This past weekend I brought my wife and daughters for a family get-away. It was fantastic! The service was outstanding. Kathy P took care of our reservations and she was so patient and friendly- far better than the 1-800 numbers that I have to deal with when staying at major chains. Kathy B checked us in when we arrived. She was so very friendly and helpful- my whole family loved how nice she was to us. Our rooms were very nice and we loved the complimentary English Inn Breakfast! I don't think we could have found a restaurant with a better meal. I understand that this is the last independent hotel in Charlottesville. I will always select the English Inn when I come to the area. You can tell that they take a great deal of pride in their business!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We stayed at the English Inn this past weekend. We had a king suite that was rather nice. The bed was ok, a little soft and the full kitchen (minus a regular oven) was well equipped. The bathroom was clean, but no tub. I did not like the windows...they were street level, big, and it took some doing to get the curtains situated so no one could look in. The staff was very nice and helpful and the hot, buffet breakfast was actually very good and since it was included in the price, it was even better! The free wifi reached to our room, so I could use my tablet and cell phone with no problems.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We stayed here on a family visit to sightsee in Charlottesville and surrounding areas, and were pleasantly surprised by some of the extras of this hotel, in addition to the good price and convenient location. One was the general cozy atmosphere that set it apart from typical chain hotels. In particular, the breakfast area had a good selection and relaxing music in the background, rather than the blaring TV we often hear. Second was the amazing heated pool -- which was wonderfully relaxing on a chilly day. On the downside, the rooms and lobby could use a little sprucing up. The location is not downtown -- so it is not walkable, but it is drivable to sites inside and outside of town.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelLMD
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stayed here twice since July 2013, both for trips to UVa medical center to see a physician. I lived in the area for three years before moving across the state, so I was familiar with the area but not this hotel. The first stay was a one night stay in double room with my 18 year old God daughter with the intent to start her college shopping.
The second visit was a two night stay with my mother with me and plans to visit friends in the area on Sunday and MD appointment on Monday. We had a king suite in the main building.

The double room was on the first floor on the back side of the hotel with a view of the garden with a trail through it. The bathroom was a good size and layout. There was a desk area in the room and a large chair with a lamp near by near the window in this room.

Our king suite was on the third floor of the main building. We walked into a sitting area with was a double sleeper sofa and a tv with an end table and lamp on each end and a straight back chair. There was a small sink, an apartment sized refrigerator and a built in microwave with empty cabinets. The bathroom was between the sitting area and the bedroom and very adequate. The bedroom was a king bed with beside tables on either end with lamps on both sides. The desk area was in the bedroom opposite the bed. The large size of the fridge was surprising. This mini suite would be great if in the area for several days for a extended visit to the area either for a couple taking in the sights or needing to be near the hospital or medical center for testing or even surgery.
The breakfast was great. The breakfast was served in a dining area set aside for the purpose. The breakfast included toast, bagels, English muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals including grits, oatmeal one time and cream of wheat on another day. Also the hot area included cooked apples, eggs, bacon, French toast on day, Coffee and teas were available 24 hours a day, and juices were available with breakfast. The Monday morning in July the breakfast room was full but we were able to find a table. The Sunday morning in September was busy but not as full as the July morning and Monday in September the crowd was sparse.

The pool was large and the workout room had adequate machines and the garden with walking/jogging trail a plus.

The staff were wonderful and able to assist us in all we needed. The medical rate was available by calling the hotel directly and up to 20-40 dollars less than listed on the internet.

Room Tip: If you are going to UVa medical center call the hotel directly for a UVa rate. It maybe up to 30 dollars less than rates listed on the internet. Also the Mews is a separate building with suites in it. There are some king suites in the main building. Hint: Fall travelers, find out if there is a home UVa football game--no price breaks or discounts on rooms when UVa football is home for game night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The location is superb, and near so many attractions, as the University of VA, the historic sites downtown, and right off route 29. The staff were very helpful (polite and friendly) with maps to this visitor who had no GPS nor Iphone. Let me mention Rika and Craig in particular, who went out of their way to help especially when there were three weddings parties staying this past weekend, and many guests there for a home game with UVA. In comparison to other hotels, the breakfast buffet was certainly above average with both cold and hot entrees. I enjoyed my time in my room, a King's size , as it was ample in space, and clean, and with 2 TVs. The bed was comfortable. The AC was great. I utilized the on-site exercise room on the first floor and appreciated it. The pool was a little too warm for my tastes, and passed on it, though it is appealing in its size. I was involved with a wedding, so didn't eat at the restaurant.

Room Tip: HIgher floors have less A/C unit noise. Room 307 was perfect for me, as I was traveling alone and yet could entertain with other wedding guests as myself.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business