Stayed here over thanksgiving while visiting with family. Good location for access to any other C'ville locations, but the hotel was really nothing special.
Room OK, if a little spartan. The bathroom was rather tired, with a hard to use faucet, a tub that barely drained and a door with some veneer missing. Staff came to clean the room while we were still in it at 9:45, which is fine, but then they never came back, so when we returned at 11pm our room was as we left it in the morning.
Free buffet style breakfast was not bad, but plastic plates and cutlery made it less appealing, so we got bagels from the excellent Bodo next door to the hotel for the next two mornings.
So, nothing too terrible, but really wondering why it seems to have such a high rating...
"Average" is about right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville