I was just in Charlottesville for my first stop on a multi-city trip and spent 5 nights here at the English Inn. It's the only privately owned, independent (i.e., not chain) hotel in town, and is staffed by uber-friendly and helpful people, especially Kathy at the front desk. She met every request with ease and genuine friendliness.
But this morning took the cake. I was supposed to get on a plane for New York and a very important meeting, and woke up to another one of this year's crazy snow/ice storms. My flights were cancelled and I managed to get a seat on Amtrak for the 9 am. But the person driving me to the train could not get his car out of the driveway because it was too icy. I called all the local cab companies but nobody would come out in this kind of weather. Finally Mike, the hotel manager, dropped what he was doing, fired up his 4 wheeler and drove me to the Amtrak station himself, just in time. Unbelievable.
There is no doubt the English Inn will have my business anytime I'm in Charlottesville. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville