The English Inn of Charlottesville
UVA Inn at Darden(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$151
Hampton Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$161
US$130
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$153
La Quinta Inn & Suites Charlottesville - UVA Medical(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$134
Hotels.com
US$212
US$198
Courtyard by Marriott Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$138
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlottesville North(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$137
Fairfield Inn
Oakhurst Inn(Charlottesville)
US$218
Official Site
200 South Street Inn(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$195
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville(Charlottesville)(Great Value!)
US$160
1,214 results
All reviewscookieshigh tealarge indoor poolcommunity gardenbagel shopbodo's bagelshot breakfastchain hotelsking suitefrench toastmain buildingbreakfast rooma great place to stayconvenient locationoatmealfront desk stafflobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This stay was a nice change of pace from the 'cookie cutter' hotels and motels of today. Friendly professional staff and a very comfortable bed. I would recommend this to anybody. My wife and I spent our 46 anniversary there.

Room Tip: Our room was M7. Private entrance, 1st floor with a picnic table just outside. I went to the full breakfast bar, brought the tray back we ate under the shade of the trees.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OpaOmaAmerica
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The service, the atmosphere, the accommodations, the location, it is a perfect fit for myself and my family. The rooms are well appointed, roomy, and clean. If there is a question it gets answered, if there is an issue it gets handled. This last weekend was probably my 6th or 7th stay in the last 3 years. I am planning and projecting my return to Charlottesville, and it will be at the English because my stay is always good and I rest well every time. My thanks to the hard working staff who take pride in ensuring that.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JazzListen
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel had the friendliest staff I came across in a long time. The location is great. Close to shopping, a movie theater, and restaurants. The staff is more than happy to give you directions. The yummiest cookies are laid out for afternoon tea and there is a great hot breakfast selection in the morning. The eating area is the roomiest I have been in. The pool is very large and heated. While I did not swim, I did go in to soak my legs and feet after walking around Monticello all day. However, with all of these good points said, I did not give this establishment a high rating because our room was very very dusty. Lamp bases, in room coffee pot, and furniture were coated with a pretty good layer of dust that made the room seem dirty and uncomfortable. There is a musty smell too. The bedding was clean and fresh smelling but the bed skirts was so stained, I fought the urge to yank them off. I can handle dated but I cannot handle dirty. If I were to stay here again, I would ask to inspect the room before unloading the car and packing. I would give it another chance because of the location, staff, and breakfast and it could be that this room simply was not inspected prior to our use.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room for cleanliness prior to unloading luggage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May 2014. I'm so glad we did. The location was very peaceful and our room(s) in the Mews was much larger than I expected. Although the sitting area was rather dark (no window at all) and plain, it was fine for one night. The kitchen area was a bonus and the fact that the bedroom (King bed) was separate, made for a spacious accommodation. The courtyard in the center of the building was really pretty, and it was a restful, quiet stay. Breakfast was great and the offerings were far better than the chain hotels' breakfasts. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Mews are newer, I believe. We had a King suite and no window at all in the living area, but one in the bedroom. Kind of dark in the living room then.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elcoden
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms seemed nice enough. We didn't have much interaction with the staff but what we did have was fine. Our problem with the site?
We're not the type of people who believe in ghosts or the supernatural but-- the room we stayed in had a weird vibe to it. But the weirdest thing was that the four of us had the absolute worst nightmares in that hotel, that we've ever had in our lives.
We left after only one night and didn't look back.
I'm glad that other people had more positive experiences there-- maybe it was just us?!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family