We spent one night here and found it conveniently located for touring Monticello and UVA. The property is older, and it feels it. We had a second floor room, and the toilet was not anchored to the floor. The bathrooms have the old, loud, churning fans in them, and the room was just average, although it did have a refrigerator (no freezer compartment) and a microwave. The kids enjoyed the very large indoor pool, but the workout room was located adjacent to the pool, with no separate air conditioning, so it would have been an extremely humid workout if we had wanted to use the workout facility. Breakfast was about what you would expect: eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc. We missed the tea time. This hotel is probably about average for this price point, but if you like newer or newer feels cleaner to you, keep looking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 106 well-appointed rooms and suites. Enjoy all the pleasures of a fine Charlottesville hotel blended with the charm of a country inn. You’ll find the heart of the English Inn is our dedication to uncompromising quality and exemplary personal service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The English Inn of Charlottesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The English Hotel Charlottesville
- English Hotel Charlottesville