My family and I stayed at the Cavalier Inn for five days this past week. The location at the University of Virginia is the reason we selected this property, and we were very pleased with the proximity of the hotel to the university. It is literally a five-minute walk to the Rotunda and a few more minutes to the Corner, seven blocks of restaurants, night spots, and shopping. It is also a lovely 20 to 30-minute walk to the Historic Downtown Mall.
Although the room itself could have used a few minor repairs, such as the door knob and hooks in the bathroom, the room was tastefully decorated, very clean, and had comfortable beds. The breakfast was more than adequate with waffles, cereal, toast, muffins, juices, fruit, and coffee. There is restaurant next door called the Villa Diner that had excellent pizza and chocolate cake. I know that doesn't sound too healthy, but it was delicious! They also have many other menu options that were on the healthier side.
The front desk staff was very pleasant. Parking was easy in an outdoor lot next to the hotel. The price for the stay was reasonable as we received a group rate and there were no major conflicting events that weekend at the university. We were able to park our car on the first day and walk to almost every event we had planned.
All in all, it was a lovely stay at the Cavalier Inn, and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to visit UVA or Charlottesville.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel