Stayed 3 nights spending sleep time only in the rooms. For my wife and me, they were all we needed. The bed was roomy, clean and comfortable; bathroom/shower were fine. Didn't need microwave but did use the fridge. Room was quiet even tho we faced Emmett St. HVAC was a bit noisy sometimes. Overall, a good room for the price. Would recommend it to others looking for solid over-night accommodations. Will likely stay again should family remain in C'Ville. Free parking appreciated. Front office staff were responsive but not outgoing--acknowledged you if you needed them. Appreciated free access to the computer.
Breakfast varies; first day we had our choice of the pastries, bagels, bread, cereals, instant oatmeal, cook-your-own-waffles, bananas, etc. PLUS sausage gravy and biscuits. Now while we didn't go for the gravy and biscuits, it set us up to think maybe tomorrow scrambled eggs? A bit of protein? Was not to be; days 2 and 3 of Easter weekend were the usual fare of sugary pastries, etc. The Cavalier could take b'fast up a notch and we as guests would really appreciate it--eggs are cheap! And we've seen other hotels offer a pot of real oatmeal -- big hit! Very likely we'll be back if the price is right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel