This is a decent budget hotel close to many of the sporting venues for the University of Virginia. It is also very close to the main campus. Just a few minutes walk to the basketball arena and probably a little less than a 15 min walk to the football stadium.
We arrived a little after Noon (which is much earlier than recommended check in times), but no clean rooms were available. We took a lovely walk through the main campus and returned sometime after 3 pm. It took a little while to find a room, as they had been full the night before and the cleaning staff had not been able to finish. But, we got our room easily enough with a little patience (far more patience than some of the folks waiting to check in for a mere 15 minutes). The staff was courteous and diligent in the face of some unwarranted ire from a couple that had just arrived.
The room (King bed) was small, but contained a chair, desk, flat screen TV, microwave/fridge, and the bed. The room was a bit hot, despite it being midwinter and the AC was difficult to work with and not terribly effective. The microwave/fridge didn't get all that cold, but did the job. I also had trouble with the TV remote, but since I wasn't terribly interested in it I did not pursue what was likely just a battery issue. Aside from those minor complaints the room was clean.
The breakfast was expansive with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit and cottage cheese, waffle makers, cereal and a variety of pastries. A really nice spread for a relatively budget conscious hotel choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel