the hotel is actually located in the midst of the UVA buildings.
it is walking distance to various eating places.
we barely stayed in our room b/c we were busy with family activities.
but it was nice to have a clean room to return to at night.
the room is basic. nothing too fancy. but nothing like a crappy motel.
the inner hallways could use a refurbish but it was clean.
parking lot was large and close to the main building.
i saw the pool, did not use it but it was clean.
the free continental brreakfast was great. i usually eat a late breakfast so it was nice to go there and grab some fruit or toast as an appetizer to my main breakfast. they had many fresh items to choose from and lovely people cleaning the dining room tables.
the best was the service. i booked thru the hotel directly.
from booking the room to checking out____every single person was really NICE!!!!!
We will always stay here when we are in charlottesville.
PS_ the rates for this hotel are bettter than other moderate hotels. especially since charlottesville is not really a vacation spot. just a place you go to if you have a specific purpose or function in town. the only really cheap places are crime scenes motels.
you may contact me if you need further details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED "September 2014" all of our guest rooms now feature 4 Star Hotel mattress bedding, pillows and luxury linen collection that extends to our bath linen and feature new bath amenities by Bath & Body Works. Cavalier Inn is located directly on UVA Grounds one block to the Admissions Office, Alumni Hall and the UVA Bookstore. Just 3 blocks to the new Battle Building Children's Hospital, UVA Medical Center, and only 2 blocks from The Jefferson Rotunda and the UVA Chapel. Our hotel is located in the heart of Charlottesville directly on UVA Grounds and only minutes from Monticello, Miche Tavern, Ashlawn Highlands, and a short drive to James Madison’s Montpelier. The hotel offers a Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, fitness center, seasonal outdoor pool, cafe patio, and for our business guests a self-serve business center with copy, fax and printer services. Complimentary Shuttle Sunday to Thursday 8am to 5pm must be scheduled in advance. The hotel is a 100% SMOKE FREE property. Our Hotel features deluxe 2 room suites, mini suites and business class suites. Each room features a refrigerator and microwave, iron & ironing board, electronic laptop size safe, free high speed internet and Free Wi-Fi in all guest rooms along with a 37” inch flat screen TV with cable in our standard rooms and 2 flat screens in our suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelClick, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Cavalier Inn at the University of Virginia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavalier Inn At The University Of Virginia Hotel Charlottesville
- Cavalier Hotel Charlottesville
- The Cavalier Hotel