My husband and I have been staying at inns all over the east coast (from Cape Cod to Cape May to Savannah) for about the last 10 years. We traveled through Charlottesville recently during our exploration of the Civil War south and were fortunate enough to pick The Dinsmore House out of the B&B association guide.
Whenever we stay at a B&B we always grade out what we liked and didn't like about the inn. After our 2 nights at the Dinsmore House, Richard and I agreed that it ranks as one of our favorites.
The main criteria we use for our ratings are:
- Innkeepers (VERY engaged and helpful)
- Cleanliness (we're sticklers about this)
- Food (the creme brulee french toast was to die for)
- "Intangibles" (Jeffersonian ties)
The Dinsmore House rated out great on all criteria, especially the helpfullness of the innkeepers (Ryan's the owner and Maxine is the hostess). The "intangibles" in this case is a beautifully restored historic home that could not be more convenient to restaurants and entertainment in Charlottesville. We walked out the door of the inn, hopped on the free trolley to the downtown mall and enjoyed a great meal at ZoCaLo (excellent recommendation!) followed by a Lyle Lovett concert at the downtown amphitheater (what a show!).
Ryan and Denise (husband and wife) have done a great job with the inn, and we can't wait to return in the future.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Dinsmore House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dinsmore House Hotel Charlottesville
- The Dinsmore House Bed And Breakfast