“Charming Victorian B&B In Charlottesville”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlottesville
Leathers-Snyder Inn Bed and Breakfast
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Charming Victorian B&B In Charlottesville”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

A tastefully restored and updated 1891 house within easy walking distance of the Historic Downtown Pedestrian Mall's plentiful shops and restaurants. Our hosts were pleasant, friendly and helpful during our two night stay and provided a continental breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, muffins, etc.

Room Tip: The Charlotte room is at the top of the stairs for easy access with a comfortable queen bed and a pr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pmjohnsonpgh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed with Jeff and Susan for two weeks while in Charlottesville for work. The property was wonderful and they were wonderful hosts. The B&B was in a perfect location for walking to the downtown mall. I just hope they have a room available next time I'm in town. Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Recently, myself and three girl friends stayed at the Leathers-Snyder Inn B&B in Charlottesville. What a treat! It's a quiet, 4 bedroom B&B in downtown Charlottesville, ~10 minutes (walking) from the downtown pedestrian mall. My girl friends and I took over the Elizabeth and Charlotte rooms, giving us the front half of the house. Our rooms were the only two accessible from the front/main stairs; the other two rooms are accessible from the steps by the back entrance. Both rooms were quiet comfortable. The Charlotte room had a bathroom in the room and the Elizabeth room had a private bathroom just outside the room. There was a small fridge in between that both rooms could share.

Our host, Susan, was quiet warm and hospitable. Breakfast is served between 9 and 10 am. It was continental, but plentiful, and included one hot dish (eggs one day and blueberry pancakes the next). My only one (and VERY minor complaint) was that I was hoping for bacon one morning (because I could smell Susan cooking it the night before), but I think she used it for her and her husband's dinner that night. Other than that, we could not have asked for a more perfect stay.

Parking for this B&B is directly behind the house which you can access from Dice Street. There is enough room for four cars, one per room. The day we arrived, we came early (~3:30 pm) and the rooms weren't ready (rooms are ready after 5 pm). So we parked behind the B&B and walked to the pedestrian mall area. When we returned we were greeted by Susan who gave us a brief tour of the house. Although we didn't ask her for any recommendation for dinner or good wineries nearby, Susan made herself available for any questions. Her one recommendation, which I'm glad we took, was to go to the Farmer's Market, on Market Street, Saturday morning. If you are in Charlottesville on a Saturday morning it's worth checking out.

This B&B is not only perfectly located in Charlottesville, it's also close to some really fabulous wineries. We visited the Virginia Wineworks (~25 minutes away, off the beaten path but well worth the visit), Blenheim and then Trump vineyards (both gorgeous wineries).

I will definitely be back at the B&B. I told my husband when I returned from this trip that we HAVE to come here. I would highly recommend this B&B if you are looking for a romantic get-away or even a girls weekend (like me!).

Room Tip: When I book my next stay at this B&B, now that I've seen both the Charlotte and Elizabeth ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bisque3
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The house was wonderfully decorated and appointed. The hosts were very accommodating and attentive. The location was great - easily within walking distance of the downtown mall and a lot of other restaurants and stores and not far from the University.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Perfectly located for walking distance to activities in town, this B&B was a wonderful place to spend the weekend. The atmosphere for an early autumn visit to Virginia was awesome, from the fire outside on the patio and the evening soccer in the yard with the kids to the lunch in one of the casual dining rooms... the B&B has a real family feel to it! Fantastic place to spend a wedding weekend - looking forward to coming back again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Forrest S
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We rented out the entire B&B for the weekend of our Labor day wedding so our families could relax together in one spot. Susan was very helpful with preparations and especially in accommodating a gaggle of toddlers (we have a lot of nieces and nephews). We were even able to hold our wedding rehearsal dinner in the den area. Everyone loved their stay at the B&B, and our families still talk about it. It was an especially important time for us since many of us live in different states/countries and may not get a special time together like this again. Lots of fond memories were made here! Also, great location--it's just off the downtown mall and very close to UVA. Highly recommended for everything from small private events to just a quiet, relaxing time with friends and family.

Room Tip: The website gives you a very good idea of what the rooms look/feel like, so I'd browse around a...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Esther Y
Melbourne
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in October. It is centrally located near the train station and local mall where there are heaps of restaurants.

The house is stunning to look at from the outside and our room including bathroom had some real nice touches.

The owners were great with nothing being too much trouble.

Would stay here again on my next visit to C'ville!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple