“Nice Owner - Good Sandwiches”
Review of Cville Coffee

Cville Coffee
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Charlottesville, VA
“Nice Owner - Good Sandwiches”
Reviewed 20 March 2013

CVille Coffee offers a nice delivery service and really good boxed lunches. The owner delivers them in most cases and is always friendly. The egg and ham is really my favorite! While the prices may be a little high you have to realize that not every place is McDonalds, if you are going to eat out somewhere other than fast food you need to be prepared to pay more.

I think its worth it and you should give it a try.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank TVannsgirl

Richmond, Virginia
“Over priced and lacking ingredients”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have been here a few time mostly because they do have a nice play space for kids. However, each time I go I am disappointed. The drinks are really overpriced for nothing special. The food was also very expensive when I could prepare it for a fraction of the price. Last visit, was my last attempt when I wanted a latte with a non dairy milk. They were out of almond and soy milk on a Sunday morning. I also overheard the table next to us say they were out of bagels for their sandwich after they ordered their food. Out of a lot of food for a morning time. The cup of plain coffee was 2.50 and I couldn't even put anything in it.

• Visited March 2013
United Kingdom
“Cool coffee spot”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This has been a regular haunt of mine for the couple of years I have lived in the Charlottesville area. The coffee, the reason I come here most of the time, is quite tasty, and always served with a smile. The owner and the staff are always smiling and willing to help make your experience as nice as possible. They have live music most weekends and host community events constantly, really great neighbors. I can only give it two thumbs up!

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Really expensive with sub-par service”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I went to Cville Coffee on a weekday morning at 7:40 with my two small children on my way to work. I ordered a cup of coffee, a muffin, and their #1 breakfast sandwich: ham, egg, and cheese but hold the ham. We were the only customers in the store. Total cost: $12 and change. The sandwich alone cost $7.00.

I was told to wait in the back by the window for the sandwich. I waited 12 minutes. In that 12 minutes, I heard the guy in the back on the phone but not much else. Certainly didn't hear water running as he washed his hands after talking on the phone but before making my sandwich.

When the sandwich was finally delivered, it had ham on it. He apologized, then asked if I wanted him to make it again or just take the ham off? Buddy, for $7.00, you're making me another sandwich! I also told him I was on my way to work and this was making me very late. He ran back to the kitchen, and remade the sandwich in 5 minutes.

Quality of the food: Pretty good. The bread on the sandwich was good, but I understand you can get that elsewhere. Coffee was delicious. I didn't try the muffin, but the kids seemed to like it. They also really liked the wooden turtle they could play on for almost 20 minutes while we waited in the deserted restaurant.

So, if you have time and money to burn, and want to get a bite at the same time, this is your place. If you want a restaurant where the owners really seem to value your patronage while getting food at the same time, Charlottesville has many other choices.

• Visited August 2012
California
“good for kids, so-so food”
Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

We won't be going back to this cafe but if you have children we recommend it or if you like live music it may be fun.
Their food was sub par. Mexican burrito had little flavor and eggs were far over fried in too much grease.
Roast beef sandwich was nothing spectacular but decent. Should have come with au jus sauce & was slightly dry.
Coffee servings are smallish for price.
We did like that adult section was separate from kid section & it is roomy inside. Having to bus your own table & pick up your order and not given any sauces (ketchup, etc.) was kinda lame but it's the atmosphere we guess.
Had to pay for water! Not bottled, just water from tap they charged us for.
By 0930 they had run completely out of baked items and did not expect more in, we found this pretty lame for a cafe. Bread pudding muffin was only one left & if you like bread pudding you should like it. I personally wanted more spice but that's just me.
Won't be headed back but you may want to check it out.

1 Thank Dorothy_W_G_