“Great Italian dinner”

Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in a building constructed in the mid-1800's. The building won the "Historic Preservation Award" in 2004. The windows contain glass from the original building. The floors are made of distressed pine recovered from Virginia barns and buildings. Also indoors you will find a delightful horseshoe shaped Copper Topped Bar, walls covered in brick and wormed-chestnut, stained glass partitions from the original building as well as a romantic fireplace, wooden tables and restored pine benches and chairs. We display art from local artisans for your enjoyment and our decor includes many original Fellini movie posters throughout the bar and restaurant. The atmosphere at Fellini's is casual elegance - delicious meals, cozy atmosphere and romantic melodies from the piano in the bar. We have many Italian wines as well as a variety from Virginia and around the world. We have beers on tap and "Fellini's" cocktails. Be sure to include Fellini's in your plans - before or after an event at the Paramount, a relaxing dinner after a beautiful hike at Monticello or for a romantic interlude to your hectic schedule.
Bel Air, MD
“Great Italian dinner”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very friendly staff accommodated us on short notice. Large selection of fresh pasta dishes, beautiful artwork, charming old building. BIg portions, well seasoned, great service. We'll be back on our next visit.

Visited March 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Fellinis- what a great restaurant and awesome atmosphere!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

So me and a group of friends went to fellinis for brunch on sunday, and to our surprise it was also their drag brunch! It was totally awesome! Everyone was so friendly, servers were attentive, food was awesome and the drag show was great! i'd recommend this place to anyone and everyone! this was the first drag show we had ever been to, and it was just awesome! what more could you want on a sunday morning? food, drinks, and a show! We will definitely be back when we are in town! Thanks to who ever the owner is, you are doing a great job!!!

• Visited March 2014
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Drag Queen Brunch at Fellini's #9...What a Drag!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

So first the good news: the food was extremely good (I had the Dam Eggs & my daughter had the Challah French Toast. We loved both!) and our server, Shealtie was wonderful. But the rest was such a disappointment.

We have been looking forward to coming for this brunch for such a very long time. The drag queens were beautiful and the clothes were exquisite, but the compliments stop there. They couldn't lip synch worth a damn and were only there to get dollar bills from the tables doling them out consistently. If I knew it was like going to a strip club I would have passed! They totally snubbed those of us not waving bills at them and the large party of people behind us were really angry with that. Rachel Kelly actually went by them with her back to them and made a bee-line to the table in the bar area with all the $$$. Ava did pretty much the same thing and it was truly infuriating. The third 'gal' was the most beautiful and actually paid attention to the rest of us! The guy who was the MC was terrible. His equipment wasn't working properly and he looked a slovenly mess. We nicknamed him Renfield. Then there was the first round of 'DADIO' Bingo which surprise surprise the table with the bills had the winner.

So here's the deal 'Girls': Get some talent and more importantly, get some class because had you shown either, I guarantee you, the rest of us would have been glad to leave tips for you, but it was both infuriating and laughable. As my daughter said, "I can't believe I got snubbed by a drag queen!"

We will continue to have dinner and drinks at Fellini's and will try the jazz brunch sometime soon, but we will go to Austin or New Orleans for real drag queens with class!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alex122794
Waynesboro, Virginia
“Not bad but not great!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Sat in the bar area...Waited almost 50 minutes for our dinner but when it did come it was really good I had spicy sausage pasta and my wife had stuffed chicken. Service was awful. Might go back , might not!!

1 Thank JYounes
Arlington, Virginia
“Best restaurant in C'ville”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is the best restaurant in Charlottesville!

I took my lovely wife here last night (Saturday Feb 15th) for our 2nd Valentine's dinner. I made reservations just to make sure we'd get in. Because of this, we were seated in a cozy corner by one of the front windows. There was a wonderful piano player, which is a great plus for we don't get this kind of stuff in Roanoke.

They had a Valentine's dinner menu. I was disappointed they already ran out of duck breast, so I went with the ravioli ($18.95) with a Peroni, and my wife got a veggie lasagna ($16.95) with a glass of Toh. She says this is the best meal we've ever had since we've been together!

Hannah was our server, and she was very friendly to us! Although she had many other tables, she kept coming to check on us, which we really appreciate too.

I say again, this is the best restaurant in Charlottesville!

• Visited February 2014