“Superb Sunrise Soaring”

Monticello Country Ballooning
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Central Virginia's premier hot air ballooning company offering daily sunrise and sunset flights with an all-inclusive flight package.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Falls Church, Virginia
“Superb Sunrise Soaring”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I worked with Mandy after being referred by this site and one of the other balloon operators in the area. We scheduled our trip during a stormy period. Mandy did a great job communicating with us every day about what was going on with the weather and ensured that everything was perfect the day we flew. The ride was wonderful. The Virginia hills and countryside picture perfect. I recommend a balloon ride to anyone visiting the area and a great operator like Mandy in particular.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Andy C

Bethesda, Maryland
“Perfect”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Before choosing which ballooning company to use, I'd looked at all the reviews of the Charlottesville-area companies. They were all rated and reviewed well, but Monticello (and the proprietor Mandy personally) seemed to be rated the best. Indeed, this trip and Mandy were AWESOME. Mandy is bright, fun, responsive, professional, and highly experienced in ballooning. She did a great job explaining (but not over-explaining) how balloons work and what a pilot does. She inspired perfect confidence, and she clearly put a lot of thought into planning the launch site and the altitudes that would give us the best experience. As it happened, we had an unbelievably beautiful morning to fly through, and the wind took us over unbelievably beautiful country.

Unqualified recommend; there's nothing that could have gone better.

Protip: you might check Groupon and other such sites, possibly for a few weeks or months, to see if you can get a discounted ride rather than paying the sticker price. The other couple in our ride had a Groupon for their rides, and I realized I should have looked into that.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank William S
Newport News, Virginia
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had such a wonderful time! I planned a surprise weekend away for my fiance's birthday and included a sunset flight with Mandy. It was absolutely incredible. From setting up the balloon, to testing the helium balloon, to the launch, to the flight, to the landing - it was all wonderful! And the champagne toast at the end of our evening was so much fun. We were able to sit and talk with Mandy and Scott and learn all about their experiences. What a memorable experience - will definitely consider doing it again!

1 Thank Amy B
VA
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Amazing, like ballooning with family”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I flew a sunrise flight with Mandy for our anniversary. I was a little more than nervous, but Mandy was amazing. We had attempted this same flight the year before for our anniversary but the weather had other plans and we had to cancel. Mandy and the chasers that we rode with made us feel just like family. Mandy was there to answer any questions, no matter how crazy the sounded one time even talking to me for 45 minutes about my fears. She never belittled them in any manner. The flight was absolutely wonderful, I am so glad I went through with it and did not let my fears have the best of me. Mandy stopped and checked a test balloon along the way to ensure our safety as well. I highly recommend Monticello Country Ballooning. It was an an experience I will not forget and the scenery over Charlottesville was stunning.

1 Thank hteVa
Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A dad's bucket list dream :)”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My parent's came down for my graduation over the weekend from graduate school at UVA. I knew my dad had always wanted to take a balloon ride and I thought what better time than now :) While I had hoped that my mom would join us for the flight, there was nothing we could do to sway her... however, Mandy and her crew were gracious in allowing her to follow us in the chase vehicle. Needless to say I think she had just as much fun chasing us, as we had flying over Charlottesville :) During the entire process Mandy was sure to relieve any fears I had by answering my questions prior to the day of our flight, as well as the additional million question from my dad during the flight... Lol. He was so excited :) and I'm grateful we had the opportunity to take this balloon flight with Monticello Country Ballooning. Great crew! Beautiful scenery on our sunrise flight...

1 Thank BeckyMB