“Love this place!”
Review of Jefferson Theater

Jefferson Theater
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I went to the Jefferson Theater twice in February and I definitely plan to return. It's a beautiful venue in an excellent location. I'm sure it also depends on the show you're going to see, as I really enjoyed both of the ones I went to, but I had an absolute blast. Drinks are a little pricey. There aren't many places to sit - that didn't bother me, but if you have a hard time standing up for extended periods, you may want to arrive early so that you can grab a seat somewhere. The stage is massive! Overall, I was very impressed and can't want to come back for another show.

There are newer reviews for Jefferson Theater

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Most of the Jefferson Theater events seem to be largely standing room only on a large sloped wooden floor in a beautiful historical theatre. There are some seats in the balcony, but we chose to be closer to the stage and stand. For a long concert this might get a bit cumbersome, but the atmosphere was great, and when the band "unplugged" and played accoustic sans-amplifiers during the encore, only those of us up front on the floor enjoyed the full effects of this theatre's wonderful acoustics. One of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

We have never had a disappointing time seeing this band, which is a favorite. First time seeing live music at the Jefferson. Last time I was in this theater, it was a movie theater. They have done wonders w/ the restoration. Acoustics fantastic, the live recording via my partner sounds great. Good time had by all, including many friends we met there! Plan on coming back for more shows!

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I don't even like heavy metal music much, but had a great time hanging around on the floor - with a bunch of friends - watching a locala band.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The Jefferson Theater opened in 1912. It was originally a silent film house, and it also hosted live entertainers including The Great Houdini. The theater had fallen into disrepair and had been showing older films until it closed. In 2009 it reopened after an extensive, restoration project with its gorgeous historical architecture. It is now the seen for live concerts. It is a small venue but the entertainment is first rate. Recently Parachute performed, and Margaret Cho put on a terrifc show for us. The crowd for concerts is mostly young high school and college. With a performer the crowd is a little older. Because of the small venue tickets to popular events sell out quickly so be sure to mark your calendar.