“A delightful, peaceful and delicious lunch”

Inn at Court Square
Ranked #212 of 567 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is already listed under "B&B/Inns," but it should also have a separate restaurant listing. We just ate an outstanding meal there. Thanks, Larry
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This small restaurant is in a gracious town house right in the center of Charlottesville's downtown area. The service was pleasant and discreet and the food was excellent. My companions had crab cakes and I enjoyed the Herb Roasted Chicken Sandwich. As advertised, it was served warm with sliced Fuji Apples and Brie on a Croissant, and served with a Side Salad. Oh my! It simply melted in my mouth. I was ready to order another to take out! The desserts were equally heavenly. I tried the dark chocolate cheesecake, which was truly superb. Highly recommended!

This is not an everyday lunch place. I spent $80 including tip, on lunch for three, and that sounds outrageous. Indeed, the prices ensure that it is reserved for a special treat. But the food, the service and the ambiance somehow made it feel like good value.

3  Thank Enjoysgoodfood21

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Had a lovely dinner. The steak melted in your mouth, I am told. The vegetable entree offering was lovely and the salad and soup were delicious. The wine was wonderful and desserts were terrific. The setting - in front of a cozy fire - was perfect. We were treated like royalty. Not overly expensive for an extraordinary dinner.

2  Thank BBBBTravel
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This old Inn has some exceptional dining. The dinner I had was the pecan chicken. Said to be one of the owner's favorites. I can see why. Toasted pecans on a chicken breast, with sugar snap peas cooked just right, not overdone. Side of naturally sweet potatoes. Topped with a magical blackberry bourbon sauce. Have I died and gone to heaven? They make their own perfectly crusted bread. Only $22. Amazingly set in one of the oldest buildings in downtown Charlottesville. Service is always superb.

2  Thank samtrip12345
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is really a gourmet restaurant set up for the Inn's guests. (They were a little surprised to see us walk in off the street.) The
offerings are quite good and the dining room is very pleasant. My only (minor) qualm is that the menu is limited.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Yummy pancakes and quiche...it melted in your mouth and the coffee was delicious. Not to mention the homemade muffins