“New Southern with a Twist”
Review of Brookville Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St NW
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Had the opportunity to dine here while down in Charlottesville for work. I went for the chicken and waffles, and it was a superlative take on a Southern classic. The bacon waffles were perfectly done and the kimchi topping provided a nice kick. The chicken was similarly well done. I wasn't able to sample the other items on the menu but they looked good. Would certainly return.

There are newer reviews for Brookville Restaurant

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Sunday evening post UVA graduation and the prix fixe menu was the norm on the Downtown Mall. We reserved our spot for 12 diners a few months ago, and for a price of $50.00 per person we had expectations of a great meal, and this was a very special occasion for all of us. We had 3 families together. We paid for 6 of us. Two of us had a couple of glasses of wine each. Our bill was $500.00! To say I was disappointed in a small chocolate chip cookie presented on a plate as my dessert is an understatement. The rest of the meal could not make up for the crazy price. I am too polite to have enjoyed the company of my daughter's graduating friends and their families and then make a fuss as we were leaving. I don't know them well enough to ask them what they think but I am pretty sure they were being polite as well. I am dumbfounded that the Brookville thinks this was okay. Absolutely ridiculous for the food we received.

2  Thank Pat G
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went to Brookville for brunch after hearing rave reviews from various friends. Most of us were seduced by the "BFP" or "Big Fluffy Pancake," a single baked pancake the size of a dinner plate and about two inches thick. If you like, they can cook three strips of bacon right into it. The things were delicious, but ridiculously large. Two or three people could easily share one, yet they give you the option of ordering either one or two. More like a dare than a dish. Unfortunately, the coffee was from the Mudhouse next door, Charlottesville's most overrated coffee shop. In the end, the food was good, the experience fun, but the prices a bit high. I've heard amazing things about the burger, but at $22 and 3/4 lb, I don't think it's right for either my budget or my waistline.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

A great little place above the Whiskey Jar restaurant. The staff was very friendly, and even though we got there just as they were getting ready to close we didn't feel rushed . The food was excellent, fresh and of extremely good quality. Its a nice place with good atmosphere. From the bacon popcorn, to the drinks, to the Carnitas sandwich, everythign was excellent.

If you appreciate salty pork goodness, this is the place for you!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good news is the food we did get was good.... Really tasty ! Bad news, at this supposedly fancy high end downtown spot - out of only 5 main entrees on their limited dinner menu the restaurant had run out of 2 of them! The three remaining really were only 2 choices.... Vegetarian or chicken (since two of the remaining were their two chicken choices). When we asked for clarification about this limited choice our server said, " well, we chose at 9, we've been busy , so we've run out of lots of things by now". Wow! We had called around 6:30, before we came, to check if a reservation was available for 8:45. They took our request without mentioning they "close at 9". I would never come out for a big celebration meal 15 min before the staff feel they "close". Also, they could have declined the request if they were out of 2/5 of their offerings. So, for a big anniversary dinner I had a small chicken breast (something we eat all the time at home) & my poor husband had just a sandwich! Really disappointing .... And no apology ... No offer for a drink or treat of a dessert. Obviously, they were just waiting to lock the door for the night. I say just don't take my reservation if you don't have the food to serve. Also the table was hobbling, I had to sit with my foot on the table leg..". and the bathroom was dirty .... And the toilet wouldn't flush...... Overall the night was a hot mess! Avoid..".