“DOnt visit after St Pattys day”

TJ's Tavern @ Doubletree Hotel Charlottesville
Ranked #154 of 582 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 29 (Seminole Trail) & Hilton Heights Road
Transit: With in walking distance of front entrance
Description: We cordially invite you to come enjoy TJ"s Tavern, located just inside the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in Charlottesville, VA. Featuring a variety of Virginia wines and local brewery selections to enhance our fabulous regional culinary preparations! TJ's serves great food every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual relaxing atmosphere. We offer something for everyone, from a rendezvous for cocktails to a scrumptious meal, business meeting or a great family night out.Enjoy our Fabulous "Good Morning" Breakfast Buffet, serving daily at 6:00 AM.Visit TJ's Tavern on line to meet our Chef's, view special events, holiday buffets and monthly menu features!We are sure you will agree…TJ's Tavern is a refreshingly unexpected hotel dining experience.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Bar was comfortable, people where friendly, however they where out of several drinks in the bar that we had asked for.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Both the Virginia crab dip appetizer and the Virginia crab medallions entree were delicious. Server was friendly and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

TJ's tavern, like the rest of the Doubletree, has had an upgrade. New menu, new emphasis on local products and local beverages.

I spent five days at the Doubletree recently for a conference, and I had a chance to sample their offerings several times. Ordinarily, I'd skip the hotel eatery and go looking for something else out in town. That's not necessary here. There's enough variety in the menu to keep one going (although I did scoot out for a couple meals at Taste of China, my favorite Chinese restaurant ever). I skipped the enormous breakfast buffet, but only to steer clear of temptation.

I did. however, sample the soups, appetizers and main courses both in the restaurant proper and at the bar. Service was prompt and courteous all around. And the food was quite good. I tried the She-Crab Soup with roasted corn, pork barbecue, hot wings, and an appetizer or two. I passed on the burgers because, well, I've been advised not to eat anything bigger than my head. But those who ate them loved them.

TJ's, as mentioned earlier, features Virginia wines and local craft beers. They offer tasting flights of both beer and wine, and they reserve the taps for local (Charlottesville-area) craft beers. If you want an adjunct lager, they have bottles for you.

While a hotel restaurant isn't one's typical first choice for a bight on the town, it certainly offers respectable, tasty fare for travelers at the hotel.

1  Thank John V
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Setting is nice, service is good, the bar area looked nice, beer selection was good, but the chicken dinner was terrible. Dry as dust, no flavor. Rice was dry too. And very expensive. I was a guest at the table so I didn't complain, but had I been paying the bill I wouldn't have paid the bill.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

After a long day, this was a great place to sit around and chat with other members in our group. Friendly staff.

1  Thank Cindy R