“Great accommodations and staff!”
Review of UVA Inn at Darden

UVA Inn at Darden
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Chicago, Illinois
“Great accommodations and staff!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Darden in mid-November. The room was very nice, they provided complimentary bottled water, and the staff was great. The woman working the front desk when I arrived (Alexis) was really helpful and made a great dinner recommendation. The rate is very reasonable compared to other hotels in town. You're not right "downtown" but Charlottesville is small enough that it only takes 5-10 minutes to get downtown. I thought it was convenient.

They provided free parking, wifi (for all of my devices) and continental breakfast which was nice as well. I liked that the toiletry items they provided were natural and paraben-free. Nice to see a hotel take eco-conscious to that level.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
BUP1224-11, Director of Sales at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
thank you for the kind words regarding our front desk agent Alexis. She is one of our many staff members who help to make our guests feel at home while staying with us.
We are a Virginia Green hotel and strive to be as eco-conscious as we can. Our location is convenient whether you are visiting UVA or coming to Charlottesville to enjoy our historical attractions.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have stayed here twice now, and I will stay here again the next time I visit Charlottesville. The Inn at Darden offers nice and exceptionally clean rooms at a very reasonable rate. The front desk was very helpful with information about the University, historical places to visit nearby, and places to eat around Charlottesville.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We are always happy to repeat guests. As you stated, our location is perfect for anyone coming to Charlottesville. Our staff is always here to help with whatever needs our guests may have. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Inn at Darden is beautiful and the service during my stay was excellent. The accommodations were comfortable and clean, and the receptionists were very friendly and helpful. My visit was completely stress-free!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for the kind words regarding the Inn at Darden. We are glad we were able to make your visit stress-free so that you could enjoy your time in Charlottesville. We look forward to seeing you again.
Window Rock, Arizona
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The folks here truly look after us visitors. John, Jo, and co. were incredibly kind and patient. After a long day's travels to a new place, arriving at the Inn felt like coming home. In addition, its location just can't be beat.

My key card must have fallen out of my pocket soon after arrival, and Jo immediately set me up with another, no questions asked. Quite an embarrassing dilemma, but she was so understanding.

The room itself was pretty nice. I loved the ample desk space and well-lit work area. All amenities worked. The beautiful book on the nightstand detailing Darden's history was a neat addition.

When I - from everywhere but the South - think of Southern hospitality, the Inn at Darden pretty much sums it up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. I will certainly make sure that John and Jo read your comments. We strive to have all our guests 'feel" our southern hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Being in the hospitality industry and staying in hotels nationwide it is very difficult to find a place like the Inn at Darden, quiet, clean ,comfortable and convenient. Would highly recommend to anyone travelling in the Charlottesville area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan S
BUP1224-11, Director of Sales at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
thank you for your kind review. We take pride in providing our guests with an environment exactly as you described. We look forward to seeing you again!
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 12 December 2013

The Inn at Darden has so many outstanding attributes going for it. The location is outstanding. There is a regular bus route that runs right in front of it negating the need for a rental car (the bus fare is free, by the way, and the parking lot is close if you do have a car). The beds and linens were so comfortable I slept like a baby each night I was there. There are snacks available including fruit and other healthy choices (and some not so healthy if that is what you are after). The Pub downstairs provided a wonderful social environment without necessitating driving/travelling around in an unfamiliar environment. For me, I was attending a week long training at Darden and I was so grateful to have a warm and comfortable home away from home to relax in each evening. The service that I received from the staff was caring and respectful at all times. They are efficient and kind. I would love to visit again with my family so that we might visit Monticello together!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
We are happy that you were able to "sleep like a baby" during your week long stay with us. We strive to have our guests feel at home with us and we met that mark with you during your stay. We look forward to meeting your family during your next stay with us.
Black Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Not only is this "just about perfect" in its central location on the grounds of The University, it is a really nice , clean, well appointed ,customer oriented hotel. Everything about The Inn at Darden speaks of convenience from the easy check-in, to the microwaves and frigs in the room , the superior workout facilities next door at the North Grounds RecCenter($5 fee), to the breakfast bar & coffee, this place is perfect for my trips to UVA both for fun and for business.It is always my first choice when planning a trip to Charlottesville.
Betty
Black Mountain,NC

Room Tip: I like the rooms that face the inner courtyard