“The Darden Inn is always my first choice when I come to C-Ville”
Review of UVA Inn at Darden

UVA Inn at Darden
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

So convenient to Darden and the Law School, very comfortable, and super friendly. I book in advance to make sure I get a room. They remember my preferences and greet me by name! I've sampled other Charlottesville accommodations over the years, but my experience at the Darden Inn always makes me want to come back. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting either school; I have even stayed there when doing other business in town.

• Stayed: April 2014
J0hnCoppi, Director of Lodging at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thanks for your review. As you have found out, our location is convenient to UVa in general, but also to other attractions in Charlottesville. Our staff wants you to feel as if The Inn is your home away from home and will do anything possible to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Come back soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was here for business. I will agree with others, the walk from parking to the Inn was a bit of a hike, but nothing unreasonable unless you have medical conditions. Overall, it was a beautiful place to stay... I would recommend it for anyone staying in the area. I would certainly stay again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, we are centrally located and area attractions are just a short drive away. Hope to see you again on your next trip to town.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We've stayed at the Inn twice in the past year and have found the accommodations to be comfortable and the staff to be extremely hospitable. Because our son attends Darden, this location has been particularly convenient for us, but don't let that dissuade you from using the Inn as your base for visiting C'ville. The price is competitive, and the accommodations are more than adequate. The rooms at the Inn are not huge, but there is a mini-fridge and wireless available. The location is convenient to the pedestrian downtown mall, as long as you realize up front that you will need to drive. As others have noted, the Inn has long halls and a somewhat different layout than you may be used to. But it all works well. We will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: Depending on your needs and if you will use the gym facilities or plan to partake in the continental...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank khd8286

Thanks for your review. We hope you will continue to visit us even after your son graduates! Our staff and location certainly set us apart, so thanks for recognizing that. Our rooms also come equipped with a microwave and two complimentary bottles of water in your fridge each day. See you on your next trip to Charlottesville.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I love the Inn at Darden. It is the perfect location for everything I typically do in Charlottesville. The staff...and I mean ALL of the staff..are so warm, friendly and helpful! The rooms are tastefully furnished and up-to-date; and the amenities are on par with a standard hotel.

I notice that many share the same frustration with the paths one must take to get around the Inn. I believe that is due to the fact that originally, this was a smaller lodging venue primarily used by Darden students attending the Exec. Ed. Program and returning grads for reunions, board meetings and the like. When the new glorious Darden School was built several years ago, the former Sponsors Hall was added onto. It does create some confusion for those new to the Inn, but I always find it a welcome challenge to see where I might wind up going from one wing to another. (Call me crazy)

All in all, I am a fan of the Inn and expect to return here for my annual C'ville sojourn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the new building with a view of the woods. It will be nice and quiet, with a love...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank supes

Thank you for your review. You are correct in that the Inn was first opened to house Darden students. Today, we are open to any traveler. I couldn't agree more with your comments about our staff! They are wonderful. For those first time visitors, our Front Desk staff is always happy to help you find your way to your room, parking, as well as the rest of Grounds. Looking forward to hosting you on your next trip to town.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I didn't realize it was on UVAs campus when I booked it. Do not stay here if you can't walk a great distance. The parking is a good walk from the rooms. We had to walk through the entire place to get to our rooms all while carrying our luggage. I hope there isn't going to be problem. I thought we paid through orbitz.....but they ran my card again. The rooms are small but comfortable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joni c
J0hnCoppi, Director of Lodging at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thanks for your review. Our location, while on Grounds, is also convenient to many area attractions and restaurants. I trust that your charges were correct; if not, please contact our Front Desk and we'll take care of it immediately. As for parking, we attempt to have our guests park as close to their rooms as possible, but I apologize if that was not the case here.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have stayed at the Inn at Darden every time we go to Charlottesville to visit a child or for an event. What a perfect spot! The location cannot be beat. The privacy and peace of the spot is so welcome. The rooms are very nice, a very nice breakfast is served which is included with the room price, and the personnel cannot be any nicer, enthusiastic, or helpful. I recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We're glad you have had more than one opportunity to experience our wonderful staff and accommodations. We hope to see you many more times in the future. Go Hoos!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a reunion. Check-in was friendly and our room was very nice. Continental breakfast was nothing spectacular, but plenty adequate. The most difficult part of staying at The Inn at Darden was how hard it is to get from one place in the hotel to another place. You almost have to go outside to get from one section to another or you run into deadends in the hallways. Not an issue if you are just going from your room to your car or to check-in/out. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, but also understand your comments regarding our layout. We are currently working on a new signage package that will make everyone's journey a little easier. Hope to see you again soon.