“Great location for a weekend getaway to Monticello!”
Review of UVA Inn at Darden

UVA Inn at Darden
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My hub and I stayed here 2 nights (Fri and Sat) to visit Monticello and other nearby locations. This was a great place to stay. Quiet, great (simple but very nice) breakfast included. We had 2 double beds in our room. We would definitely stay here again. We arrived just as Univ of VA was out for break after spring semester so the town was quiet. I don't know what traffic would be like when school in session. Also, we walked (less than a mile) to mall with very good restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
J0hnCoppi, Director of Lodging at UVA Inn at Darden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thanks for your review. We hope you can visit us again and take in all that Charlottesville has to offer. Traffic does pick up a little bit when the students come back, but as you experienced, we are centrally located and many shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have stayed numerous times at the Darden Inn and all were very good experiences. The rooms are clean, well appointed and conveniently located. The staff is friendly, efficient and willing to assist. The room rates are very moderate and worth it.We will be staying again on our next trip to Charlottesville.

Nancy-San Diego

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on all the items you mentioned such as staff and cleanliness. We're glad you have found us and will continue coming back. See you on your next trip to Charlottesville.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Inn at Darden is a great place to stay in Charlottesville. Convenient, quiet location. It is very clean and comfortable. This is our go-to place to stay in Charlottesville. Very close to JPJ arena, lacrosse fields etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your review. As you mentioned, our location is perfect no matter where you might need to go in Charlottesville. You can park at The Inn and walk to a concert at JPJ, or attend one of many sporting events nearby. We're glad to be your "go-to" choice!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been travelling to the Darden Business school every other weekend and I always stay here. My room is always clean and ready to go when I need it, and the staff are extremely courteous and helpful. Through several stays I've never had an issue. The meeting rooms (and pub!) make staying here extremely convenient. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. We're glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to many more. Our staff represents The Inn very well and we hope you consider us your home away from home. See you on your next trip to town.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here over Father's Day weekend and enjoyed our stay very much. The room was clean, neat and tidy. The Inn is situated on the grounds of the Darden Business School. Students were not there at the time we were there so the campus was peaceful.

The continental breakfasts for Saturday and Sunday were delightful. Plenty of food and staged in the lower bar area of the Gatehouse, which opened to a lovely patio. It is a different story though on week days. On Monday it is stage in the main lobby and there is virtually no food and no comfortable place to eat. We decided not to eat breakfast there on Monday.

We visit C'Ville 3-4 times a year. We do plan to stay at the Inn again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fauljo

Thanks for your review. We welcome all travelers year round and hope you can experience a football weekend some time. We are experimenting with our Continental Breakfast and determining how and where best to deliver it. Our Front Desk area in the Gatehouse can get congested during high occupancy nights, so we have started using the Pub, which has more space and seating. I do apologize for your experience on Monday, as b'fast should be fully stocked from 6-10am, with the same menu each day.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to town.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

So convenient to Darden and the Law School, very comfortable, and super friendly. I book in advance to make sure I get a room. They remember my preferences and greet me by name! I've sampled other Charlottesville accommodations over the years, but my experience at the Darden Inn always makes me want to come back. I highly recommend it to anyone visiting either school; I have even stayed there when doing other business in town.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thanks for your review. As you have found out, our location is convenient to UVa in general, but also to other attractions in Charlottesville. Our staff wants you to feel as if The Inn is your home away from home and will do anything possible to make sure your stay is enjoyable. Come back soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was here for business. I will agree with others, the walk from parking to the Inn was a bit of a hike, but nothing unreasonable unless you have medical conditions. Overall, it was a beautiful place to stay... I would recommend it for anyone staying in the area. I would certainly stay again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thanks for your review. Whether you are here for business or pleasure, we are centrally located and area attractions are just a short drive away. Hope to see you again on your next trip to town.