“Delicious”

Afghan Kabob Palace
Ranked #75 of 540 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Afghani
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Troy, Virginia
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I have been to AKP several times. A wonderful place for dinner before Heritage plays, or JPJ event. We usually get the fixed dinner for 2. A 4 course dinner with dessert and great coffee. Their rice is to die for, almost floats off the plate. We are planning our next visit.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank RETIREDvatravelers

Charleston, WV
“Wonderful food, good service, very good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Huge menu - our main problem was deciding what to get. Everything was perfectly cooked and delicious. Highly recommended.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kathleen S
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Good Food, Good Prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was the second time that I have stopped at this restaurant and both times have been surprised by the quality of the food. I would recommend the combo #4 with the butternut squash. I will return here in the future if my travels take me back that way.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nicholas H
Chicago60622
“Really Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a simple easy place to grab a bite to eat. The price was right and the food excellent. Would eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
“Consistently excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The Afghan Kabob Palace delivers consistently on what we would consider to be a perfect meal. While this is admittedly a bold statement, let me tell you about a few of our highlights:

KADU: You will see this butternut squash on the menu in a few different places - eat it immediately! The sauce and spicing is remarkable, and always cooked to just the right tenderness.

Borani Badenjan: This 'fried' eggplant is more sautéed than fried (it is not battered), and also sauced deliciously with mint and yogurt. It comes with naan bread, which you use to scoop from plate to mouth.

Aushak: These leek dumplings are a favorite, and can come with meat sauce or as a vegetarian dish. They are boiled dumplings, and not the most texturally interesting (my other half is not as thrilled about them as I am), but still quite tasty. Yum!

For the meat eaters, who may be a bit less adventurous, the Chicken Tandoori is a reliable and tender-cooked half chicken that comes with lots of sides.

I am not a huge fan typically of kabobs, as they are usually more dried out meat, but we have tried many of them here, and they are good enough. As the restaurant's namesake, try a few to see which you like. You should make this place a regular stop, so get to know the menu and the pleasant folks who work here.

• Visited January 2014