“out of stay stay”

Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area
Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Was overall good. My only complaints were the bed was broke on one side so you had to sleep lop sided. They promoted a "great" breakfast which was terrible cold and gross.. the waffles you made yourself were good when syrup was available. It was quiet and clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Keni P, Manager at Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank You For Taking Time To Write A Review. We Appreciate Your Time And Your Feedback. Sorry For Any Inconvenience While Your Stay, We Will Definitely Solve It. We Look Forward That You Stay With Us At Your Next Visit.
Keni

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Thank Michael And Tam... K

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Bed bugs in my daughter's bed and mind. Very uncomfortable bed, pillows and bedding. Staff unresponsive. I asked for simple requests that were ignored or delayed
Strike 1
Bedspread was dirty and left on the floor. I asked that it be washed before please wash the bedspread because it is dirty. Despite my request and confirmation from the front desk, housekeeping put the same dirty spread back on the bed. I called the front desk again and was offered another room. Why would I want to move to another room "cleaned" by the same crew? I am concerned about the filth.
Someone came back and replaced the bedspread
Strike 2
I asked for an air purifier but was denied because the only purifier was broken and too expensive to replace.
Strike 3
Toilet was clogged for 2 days.
Oh, but there is more...
The door to room 148 is difficult to open, the bathroom door in room 142 is difficult to close
Too few outlets for charging our electronics, I had to choose between having light or sitting in the dark so I could charge my tablets and phones.
The manager is not there but not present and authoritive.
Problems should be resolved immediately when matters were brought to her attention.
Breakfast is less than acceptable. A minimal assortment of bagels and pastries, biscuits, gravy and something that resembles eggs. Same color as eggs but a different taste, texture and appearance. I've never seen eggs in square chunks. There was a waffle iron for guests to make their own waffles, but the iron did not heat evenly.

I felt unsafe in the room, the dead bolt was almost impossible to turn and there was feeble chain on the door.

Very few cable channels on a tube tv

Mismatched ceiling tiles - tissue wad in one tile.

I noticed the pictures from a review in 2010 are the same pictures I took last week. No change in appearance after 3 years.

I've not seen a response from the manager about previously written reviews. Validates how little the owner and managers care about the satisfaction of guests and hotel reputation.

My parents stayed there in the 70s, was a nice hotel 40 years ago.

There are several other nice hotels in Charlottesville, the Best Western, Holiday Inn, Comfort Suites and a soon to open Hyatt Place.

Don't stay here, don't even look at the hotel when you drive past in on Emmet St/Route 29

Room Tip: Less noisy facing pool (pool has not been used in years) Do not choose Room 148 unless the door ha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Keni P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Charlottesville/University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfying. We have reviewed your feedback. Sorry for any inconvience happened during your stay and I can assure you that these issues have been addressed and will not happen again. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I had no choice to stay here 3 days, checked in, went to my room which took me forever since the front desk didnt give me proper direction of any kid! Slept the first night, woke up to bites all over me! I thought maybe mosquito bites but later that night i searched my bed to find bedbugs after looking it up online and calling the desk they switched my room and refunded me for that night. The next morning i wake to them calling me saying i need to pay for my room the third day which i had previously paid for. They proceeded to tell me how they refunded my money for that day! Which they had not! It was dirty, and smelly! Room had at least an inch hole under the door!!

• Stayed: September 2013