“On the mall delight”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner on the mall at Sal's café this past weekend. We all shared two pizzas and had two appetizers. The food was excellent and the pizza was one of the best I've had in a couple of years. They do a very good job of serving warm food even though they have to deliver it all the way into the mall. Service was reasonable.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My daughter will be attending UVA and went had to explore the town. Love the downtown eating/shopping area. The restaurants all along are great. We chose Sals and were thrilled. The waitress was great and made wonderful selections-including local beer and wine. We all ordered totally different items and loved them all.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Good traditional Italian (meaning I've gotten this same style meal before in other Italian restaurants run by Italian owners). The outdoor patio area is nice. There are tons of restaurants in this area, so my pros for Sal's are the abundant wait staff, the taste of the meal, and the friendly fast service. Cons are the price (considering the red and white vinyl tablecloths), the lack of the restaurant's name visibility, and the parking limitations. If you are visiting the walking main street area, Sal's is a good stop. I can vouch positively for the gnocchi!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We ate there with a group of six seniors while shopping. My wife and I had panini and beer. We both thought the food and the beer were excellent. Service was very good. We ate inside since it was a little warm out and enjoyed the Italian style decor. The two each of beer and panini, before tip was about $26.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had dinner last week with friends at Sal's and was blown away by the meal. I had a veal dish that was amazing and two of my friends had the gnocchi. The portion size for the price was incredible; I don't know how they make any money! The waitress was very good, wine selection nice and the price point was very reasonable.

1  Thank Bradley S