“"no tell, motel" quality!”

Red Carpet Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Bare bones is all I can say. Two flat pillows, ratty bedspread with old blood stain on inside of comforter. No clock and and old phone that the buttons were stuck. Electrical outlet with no cover and the outlet went inside of wall when attempting ot plug something in. No shampoo. When asked about the lack of availabe room mmenities I was told very (rehearsed) quickly "we are not required to provide those things!" Bare bottom price so always wonder why everything else in entire area is booked and this place is not......well now you know. So if you want to party down with 20 people in a room, bring your own soap, clock and extra pillows......this place is for you!

Room Tip: Up the road if all possible.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LESLIE M
There are newer reviews for Red Carpet Inn Charlottesville

Reviewed 18 October 2011

In a pinch this motel will work. Be advised that ALL of the rooms are smoking rooms. The front desk staff was great and very informed of the historic sites in the Charlottesville area. However, the room left a lot to be desired. Of course, this was a budget motel and we only stayed one night. In a pinch it was okay. Word of advice to anyone staying in the Charlottesville area. You may want to plan your trip when U of Va does not have a home football game if you are expecting to find rooms and at a fairly good price. Now, on a really good note, if you are a history buff, this motel is in a great location. Within 20 minutes of Monticello, only about ten minutes from the U of Va (founded by Thomas Jefferson), failry close to James Madison's Montpelier, near historic Charlottesville and close to the Blue Ridge Mountains. And if you do enjoy history, please do not miss out on Monticello and the rotunda and pavillions at U of Va
Honestly, I would not recommend this motel in anything other than in a pinch. We travel to Charlottesville about once a month for the time being and will be looking for a different place next time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulM67
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Dear Readers,

I hated it.........the housekeepers listen into my family's conversations about other people. The main got after my "friend" about asking people for money. The beds were so uncomfortable they felt like rocks. Plus you had to go out of the room before 12pm to get your rooms cleaned. they cost 70 or 64 or 68 dollars to stay. There are plenty of bad bad things about this hotel to where they will not get my service anymore. Thank You

sincerely,
Harley

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Harley W
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We were visiting family in the area and wanted to take a leisurely vacation. We were trying to save money so we could spend it more on the attractions, shopping and restaurants in the area. So the location of this place was great and the value of about $55 a night was the lowest you can find in the area.
When we arrived the service at the front desk staff was great. Very nice, straight forward and willing to help with our requests for accommodations (we wanted a quiet room since we have a new born). They provided a crib and the room was nice and quiet (couldn't even tell you were near a main road). It is all ground floor which was nice so we didn't have to move our luggage far at all (when you have a baby you can pack the whole car up with just that).
The landscaping of the place is very nice and quaint. They have a nice sized outdoor pool, but our newborn can't stay out in the sun to long.
I would definitely recommend staying here to save money and tour around Charlottesville. It's not to far from the airport either!

Room Tip: Call ahead and make a reservation, ask for an upgrade if they have one available.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank taylo12
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I had a very pleasant stay at the Red Carpet Inn recently. The room was clean and quiet and the staff were friendly and helpful. The location is conveniently located near many shops and restaurants and the rate was a great value! I will definitely be back when it gets warmer to use the outdoor pool! I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The outside looks ok. The rooms are grossly outdated and just pain nasty. This hotel is about 60 years old and it shows. It is in horrible need of a major renovation OR just a tear down.

I was told the rate was $55. When I checked out, the rate was $75. The difference was that the ONLY night I stayed here was "an event" night and, hence, the markup. I felt deceived, but I was in too big of a hurry to get out of the place to argue with the front desk. I wish that I had read the reviews on this hotel before booking the room. My mistake.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DadinNC
Reviewed 19 June 2010

When we had that terrible winter, I opted to stay at the Red Carpet versus trying to drive home from work on Black Ice. There were three days when I literally couldn't couldn't get back home because the roads were so bad. It was like paying to go to work but at least the cost wasn't outrageous. I am a single woman so safety is an important issue and the Wi-Fi made the situation doable. It is also within walking distance to the Waffle House which makes for affordable cruisine.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business