“Health Hazard!!!”

Red Carpet Inn Charlottesville
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
“Health Hazard!!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This was the absolute WORST!! My husband, my 2yr old, and myself were down here visiting our families on an emergency basis. We reserved the hotel at 10:24 pm. We arrived at the hotel at 10:50. My inner gut told me to pull back the comforter, there were foot prints on the sheets and pillow cases, dried blood all over the comforter, and cigarette burns as well. The room had not been cleaned at all. There were bloody hand prints on the walls as if someone had been murdered! My husband and i went to the front desk to see if a refund was available and the front desk worker said very rude and blunt, "I won't refund your money!" I have never seen such horrible rooms and even worse staff in my life. Never again will i even look twice at this hotel. Everyone stay very far away!!

• Stayed May 2013
4 Thank AngelEyes112

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This place was the worst -- shabby, old, scary!!
Unfortunately because there was a home football game the weekend I visited UVA, i had no other options. The fact that I had to call the Police at 2AM because a fight broke out right outside my window was just the icing on the cake. As it turned out, I found out the next morning from the office staff that it was the High School's Home Coming weekend -- so apparently they rent to drunken high school kids too!! Stay away!

Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Lynn R

Travellers are raving about these Charlottesville hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 19 October 2012

We were fooled by a relatively nice outer appearance and nice lobby. First look into the room was okay - furniture was nice. But when you walked further in, to the bathroom area, I was shocked to see how dirty, shabby and crude it was! Rough boards, with chipped paint - it looks like a back woods cabin thrown together in haste. Corners were filthy - doorways are cracked -
No hair dryer, no coffee - nothing to justify the $80 "Seniors" rate we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ArleneM158
Wichita Falls, Texas
Reviewed 25 September 2012

It was safe and away from the main road, but more $ than I thought it was worth. It was, however, all I could find since there had been the Penn State game that afternoon.... I did not sleep well at all - the bed itched. I never saw anything, but the itching went away when I came home???

Room Tip: If you end up in a smoking room be prepared for cigarette burns in your comforter even if the room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank klaviercat
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 September 2012

This is the first review I have ever bothered to write about anything. I had to write one, it is that bad. The rooms have roaches. The first room had about a dozen roaches, some living and some dead. The second room--after I asked to switch--had a few roaches as well. The carpets have stains all over them. There are prostitutes soliciting in the parking lot and a number of people either loitering or hanging around in the parking lot. I did not feel safe. Employees are nice, but rooms like this should not be rented under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank 100028970
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We were traveling by car home through Virginia and were stopping for the night. Unfortunately, it was late August by a large university and freshmen orientation had nearly all good hotels booked up. The concierge at one hotel kindly looked at openings in other hotels for us and found "a very basic accommodation" here. When we arrived, the pool was a welcoming shade of greenish brown with caution tape wrapped around the whole perimeter. Several of the doors were also closed off by caution tape. The room looked like it hadn't been updated in a very long time. The sheets were stained, our socks were black from walking on the carpet, and the room smelled. Whoever runs this motel must not take very much pride in their business or in obtaining repeat customers. This facility is now the butt of every bad hotel joke in our family.

Room Tip: Don't even bother. Sleep in your car if you have nowhere else to go.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Gracela H
Charleston, SC
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The location of this hotel is by the main road and close to downtown but that's pretty much it. When i arrived at this hotel, there was a group of people hanging out outside of their rooms and having bbq and drinks at midnight. They seemed like they have been living there for the last 6 months. So it does get kinda scary.

The room is pretty bad, dirty and just very outdated with old tv, and AC. Roaches is also a problem there. The only good thing i can think of is probably it had mini-fridge in the room, that's about it.

I would not recommend staying here unless you are really in a pinch. It's not worth it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo