“Service could have been better, but”

Peter Chang's China Grill
Ranked #92 of 584 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Http://peterchangscharlottesville.com
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The food was fabulous. The regular menu features many of the standard Chinese dishes, with emphasis on the Sezchaun style of cooking. There was a second menu with three appetizers and about a dozen entrees that the waiter explained was more of a rotational thing - sort of the menu of specials. I had dry fried eggplant for an appetizer and it was cooked well, but not the two-pepper hot advertised in the menu. I then had a chicken dry pot for dinner, and it was good, mildly spicy as advertised and more than I could eat. My dinner companion had the saltwater duck of the specialty menu and he enjoyed it, but remarked that it was saltier than he expected, even with the name. I also found the fried rice to be extremely salty, but I generally neither cook with salt nor add salt to my food. All in all a decent meal, but not one I would go back for very soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

If you like spicy Chinese dishes, then Peter Chang's is for you. I have been many times and am never disappointed. Great food and great service. The hot and numbing shredded tofu skin app is the best app that I have had anywhere!

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

We had a great variety of good between the three of us. The service and the food was excellent. The food was authentic Chinese and just superb. Flavors were wonderful and plenty of food left over for dinner the next night. Since we were on the road heating up in the microwave at the next town gave us another meal.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Clean and good service but food was not as tasty as we hoped. Kung Pao seafood was not spicy enough and Bang Bang shrimp appetizer had too much sauce. Average at best.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

This restaurant has a delightful mix of cuisines. My daughters love the puffy scallion pancakes and curry sauce.