“Don't judge this book by its cover!”
Review of Nami - CLOSED

Nami
Cuisines: Asian
Phoenix, Arizona
“Don't judge this book by its cover!”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We dined at Nami last night with my aunt (who is typically very hard to please) and uncle who had been there a time or two before and wanted to "introduce" the place to us. The exterior and interior are both unimpressive... THEN the food started to arrive.
Hands-down favorite was the "Big Bang Shrimp" which consisted of breaded shrimp on a bed of lettuce, and the most tasty "spicy mayonnaise" mixture that I've ever tasted. I've determine that although my entree (Miso shrimp/scallops with perfectly-steamed snap peas and broccoli) was uber tasty, I'm going to get two orders of the "Big Bang Shrimp," or "Orange Shrimp." My aunt got the "Orange Shrimp," I sampled, and loved it. My husband and uncle both got "Pepper Steak" and said that they enjoyed it. Other favorites, the super-fresh spring rolls and the fried cheesecake.
Some of the waitstaff was inexperienced, but nothing that took away from the meal experience.
Nami is located in the shopping center right behind the gazebo-shaped Kohr Brothers on 29 North.
We look forward to returning and introducing our friends!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank LydiaGwaltney

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Promising newcomer”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This restaurant has only been open a short time. We have eatten there 2 times and the food was very good. The people working there are very helpful and want their guests to be happy. The menu is interesting, not page after page like some asian places, rather it offers a variety of some Thai, some Japanese and some Chinese. The inside of the restaurant could use some work, it is plain and not too cosy, but again, it is in the start up fase, and hopefully they will keep improving.

• Visited April 2012