“very good experience”

Comfort Inn Monticello
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Morehead City, North Carolina
“very good experience”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

On our return trip, we were surprised to find accommodations in Charlottesville (graduation weekend), BUT this recently renovated Inn was available. Not only was it reasonable, but also clean and comfortable. The staff led by the owner was a very helpful, friendly bunch. Thanks, Stephanie! Breakfast was adequate, although I was craving a country ham biscuit, c'est la vie! We will stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor might be quieter from hall noise
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear CrystalCoastBroker:

We are glad to have been your "choice" for accommodations. Thank you for your kind words and I will make sure I thank Stephanie from you. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel.

Naresh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Thousand oaks, ca
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Happened to be in Charlottesville for graduation weekend and had difficulty finding a decent hotel for a reasonable price. Finally came upon this one. Didn't look like much from the outside but the price was reasonable. The room was very clean and comfortable and QUIET. Breakfast was below average but adequate. Service was excellent. Will most likely return next time I am in the area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Clancymom04:
Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Monticello. I'm glad we could accommodate you during such a busy time of the year. We pride ourselves in making your room clean and comfortable! - We hope to see you soon - Safe travels back to CA.

General Mamager
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We only stayed one night at this property but it was more than adequate. It was well maintained. Staff was pleasant and efficient. Our room was very clean and the beds were especially comfortable. My only complaint was breakfast was a little weak with soggy bacon and limited breads and syrup. Even considering that we had more than enough to eat. The pool looked nice but wasn't open yet. We were fairly close to town but needed a car to get there. Price was average for the area. We paid $100 before tax and were satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: There is no elevator at this hotel so make sure you get a room on the first floor if you don't w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking a time to review the Comfort Inn, Monticello. We value your time and I will pass on your comments to our staff. I will check with my breakfast hostess on the bacon procedure and make sure on their preparation. We do offer Sugar free syrup and peanut butter during our breakfast hours upon request. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Leverett, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I travel for both business and pleasure fairly frequently. I can honestly say this was one of the best overall experiences I have had in a hotel at any cost level. The staff were exceptional in their hospitality, friendliness and helpfulness - not just to us, but in the interactions I observed with other guests while checking in, during breakfast and checking out. The hotel's renovation is nicely done and the room well appointed, but what really shined was the quality of the service we received. For a mid-range hotel, I would recommend this property without reservation and will stay there again if in the area. The location is very convenient to Monticello, the University of Virginia and downtown Charlottesville. While conveniently located with easy access to restaurants and the nearby highways, the property itself is placed quietly up on a hill and not in the middle of hustle and bustle. The beds were very comfortable and the grounds and building are neatly kept. Also, if you appreciate a genuine experience and fancy is not important, then do not miss the opportunity to eat at Wayside Chicken - the BEST southern fried chicken!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I will definitely pass on your compliments to our staff. We hope that if you do return to Charlottesville, Comfort Inn Monticello would be your choice.

Greenfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I didn't have to toss and turn and thump my pillow many ties to find a comfortable position. Because the card on the bed lets you know there are two softer and two firmer pillows. The comforters were also light weight and poofy! The manager and staff were cordial and helpful. They asked us for honest feedback on their renovations like the new key pad where you just touch the plastic card to the lock and new sinks with very high faucets that make it easy to wash and to fill water bottles. An attractive and pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Michelle R.,

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Lots of folks love the soft and hard pillow choice!

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I started to write my input during our stay at this Comfort Inn (but a conversation with the woman at checkout changed a few of my complaints. It was going to be a very bad review and many a terrible or at most a poor rating. The wall covering is very nice – but not a picture, photo, or anything on the wall – BARE. I have been in hospital rooms that are less sterile than this room – but I was told they are going through some renovations and the ‘art’ work has not arrived yet. We hung towels on the bars – but the housekeepers replaced them anyway – so much for being ‘green’. We arrived with some lunch leftovers – but the room does not have a microwave – had to walk all the way across the complex to the breakfast room to heat up the food – and bring it back to the room. The room has only one nightstand – this makes it difficult for both of us to read – the TV remote goes on the floor. During our stay the ‘business center’ did not have a printer – upon checkout they now had a printer.

Now for Choice Hotels. Their promotion of stay twice and get a free night is some real false advertisement. Stay at some of their nicer motels but the free night is only good for a night at a cheap motel not of the same quality place where you earn the points.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Travelbyrail,

We have updated our property and since being done in phases our art work will be complete and not give you that bare feeling. Please check your choice points - you have your points in your account.

Media, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

$210 for two weeknight stay. My bf and I stayed here for a trip to see Monticello. When we checked in the clerk gave us some great recommendations for other places to see. All the staff were very pleasant and friendly. They recently renovated and were still working on the common areas but the room was clean and updated. TV, fridge, and coffee machine in the room. 24 hour coffee, hot chocolate, and juices available. Continental breakfast had cereal, waffles, muffins, toast, yogurt, fruit, bacon and eggs and more. We were there weekdays and off season so it was pretty quiet with not a lot of other guests.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Ms. Cathleen,