“Terrific Value with Updated Rooms”

Comfort Inn Monticello
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Sterling Heights, MI
“Terrific Value with Updated Rooms”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

06/30/14 Yasmine greeted me and provided me w/two keys and an Internet code without being asked. She was extremely courteous. Naresh came up to the counter and introduced himself and volunteered to show me the meeting room, which was set RIGHT. There was a stool in there for my comfort. The sleeping rooms are lovely and very modern, although I don’t think it’s a new hotel. The only drawback is that there’s a brick paver front walk and the front door tends to catch on it. It might be a little tough to navigate for wheelchair users, even though there’s a ramp. I am sure there are other, more accessible entrances. The pool looks very nice and the hotel was very clean. Keda did the banquet setup in the morning and was very pleasant. Don checked me out and cheerfully made change and found a fax that had been sent to me. The breakfast area was very clean and there was yogurt and fresh fruit as well as a selection of hot items.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank professordoctormom
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Professor:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. it was our pleasure to serve you. I'm sure we will see you again and I hope we will be the choice of hotel on your next visit to Charlottesville.
I will pass on your compliments to Keda, Don and Yasmine. Hope your meeting went well in Indi.

Sincerely

434.977.3300

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Great location for Monticello, Ash-Lawn Highland and Montpelier; less advantageous for getting downtown or to UVA. Nicely renovated rooms, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast could use more healthy choices, but that's true of this chain overall. (The low-sugar yogurt was appreciated by my diet-restricted husband; no-sugar syrup and jam would be an advantage.) If you need a microwave, be sure to ask when you make your reservation; not all the rooms have them. A very good value - plus we felt welcomed and cared for during a 4 night stay, and that is priceless.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Lang B

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Monticello. We do try to accommodate special requests, however we do offer sugar free syrup and peanut butter upon request during breakfast hours.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a safe trip home.

Once a gain thank you for your kind words.

Regards

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had an employee from out of town stay here and he was extremely happy with the room, bed and the staff. The rooms have been recently renovated and the beds are very comfortable. The staff always took the time to speak with him and made him feel welcomed. I had a great experience working with the management with corporate rates and the overall reservations. If the need arises again, we will be booking here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear April:

Thank you for your kind words and will definitely pass them on to our staff. We do appreciate your patronage and gladly accommodate your company needs.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had no problems with this hotel. Booked through Hotels.com. We had a king bed that was very comfortable. 42-inch TV (big plus!), when many hotels only give you a 32-inch. Room was spotless, very friendly staff. Free WiFi.
We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast but it looked typical for such a hotel; bagels, donuts, waffle-making stuff, cereal. Coffee wasn't very good but it's available around the clock. Didn't use the pool but it looked fine. No hot tub.
My only complaint would be that there was no TV guide, and it was a pain calling up one on my smartphone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Eric:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Comfort Inn. We are please that you enjoyed your stay. I too love that 42 inch TV!
I will relay your compliments to our housekeeping staff regarding the cleanliness of the room. It definitely a team effort for our Hotel
We do have a TV guides in our room directory and on the TV channel 33, but I will double check if it is in the room you stayed.

Once again, thank you for your comments. Have a great summer!

Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Although this nice clean property is close to the Interstate, with easy access, it is very quite. You'd never know the highway was outside. Modern looking interiors and the room was very clean and comfortable. We even had a brand new chair with the manager asked us to rate. Fantastic front desk staff who made our stay so pleasant. Stop here if you're in the Monticello area or passing through Charlottesville!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Caligirls007,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online review for your stay at our hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope you and your daughter visit Charlottesville soon and we would gladly accommodate your needs.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Inn on our visit to see Monticello. 5 minutes from Monticello. Easy access off freeway. Clean comfortable rooms with updated bathroom. Reasonably priced and not far from historic down town Charlottesville. Friendly service. We usually try to stay at Comfort Inns on our travels because of the quality of the rooms and reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Mr. Fenton:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

Springfield, MO
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were on a road trip vacation. We pulled into Charlottesville about 9pm. Found this hotel on trip advisor. They had a room and we were not disappointed! Service was excellent, room was great, and very convenient to Monticello! 5 stars!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank usaroadwarriormo
Dear usroadwarriormo:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you did use Tripadvisor to make your selection in accommodations. I will inform my front desk staff and our housekeeping staff on the compliments on their service including our housekeeping staff.

Safe travels and thank you for your patronage.

We hope to see you again soon!