“Great Location & Value - Close to Monticello & Wineries”

Comfort Inn Monticello
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Charlottesvill...
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is a 5 minute drive from Monticello & Ashland Highland (President Monroe's Home), 15 minutes from downtown Charlottesville, 30 minutes from Montpelier (President Madison's Home), and 10-30 minutes from many of the wineries associated with the Monticello Wine Trail.

The staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Breakfast meals were hearty and healthy.

The hotel sits off in a location by itself. If you wish to go for a morning or evening walk or jog, you need to drive a short 5 minute distance away to the local college. For our July 4th weekend of visiting the historical sites and wineries, however, it turned out to be a great location and provided a good value for our travel budget.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a elevator, so if elevator access is important to you, choose a 1st floor ro...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Bvishneski:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are centrally located and glad to see you had a chance to visit all our nearby Presidents Homes and on the 4th of July, and of course, a little vine tour in between. I will inform the staff on your compliments. especially our housekeeping staff on the clean rooms!

Hope you have an eventful rest of the summer!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Decor was beautiful in our king size room. Very spacious. Small bathroom but good use of space. Bathroom mirror was in a corner in 3 sections allowing great lighting. Our room overlooked the outside pool, which we did not use. It sounded like it was great fun for the baseball teams also staying at the hotel, though ;). Many 9 year olds running around. But we survived :)

Quiet & well functioning a/c; great blackout drapes; friendly & helpful front desk staff; room was very clean.

We would definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the opposite side from the pool.
1  Thank randee p

Dear Randee p:

Thank you for your review on Comfort Inn Monticello.

My staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay and the new décor of the hotel. I hope you have a wonderful summer and hope to see you again when you return to Charlottesville.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This Charlottesville hotel is absolutely over priced and definitely a pitiful excuse for a hotel. Curfew in hotel is 11pm for children, and until then they are allowed to run the halls freely and disturb all other paying guests. The walls in this hotel are so thin, you can actually clearly hear someone walking down the hall in flip flops, outside your room door. There are some definite attempts at renovation that have been made, however, they painfully fail to meet the mark, and leave this hotels cheap quality even further revealed. Rust on towel racks in the shower, poorly patched bath tubs and numerous other issues reveal a lack of quality at a price point of $145 per night. Charlottesville is an amazingly beautiful place; this hotel can definitely ruin your entire experience. Our advice, if your looking for a nice place to stay, this absolutely is not it!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank RileyPA
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear RileyPA,

Thank you for taking the time to complete review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We do
accommodate many guest and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is a great value if you are staying in Charlottesville. Super convenient in terms of highway access for Monticello, Montpelier and Ash-Lawn and not far from downtown Charlottesville. Very helpful staff. Super clean and updated rooms. 50 inch flatscreen in the room. Very nicely appointed bathroom. Also nice to have the hot breakfast thrown in. With an AARP discount you can't go wrong.

Dear MitzMagic:

Thank you for your review on your stay for Comfort Inn Monticello.

We are centrally located, so it is easy to visit our historical places. I will definitely pass on the compliments regarding our "super clean" rooms to our housekeeping staff.

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked the Comfort Inn Monticello for a visit to the University of Virginia. Couldn't gauge exactly how close it was based on google maps, but the price was right and it looked like it wouldn't be too much of a hike to and from campus. Upon check-in, the woman at the front desk was extremely helpful and showed me on a map provided for patrons, a very quick and easy route into Charlottesville and also the location of several restaurants she recommended. Our room was clean and comfortable, no yucky smell and was very quiet. They had quite an extensive continental breakfast selection and I agree with Lang B that it would be nice if the chain offered more healthy choices. Overall, it was affordably priced and a very pleasant hotel experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Bonacker10,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team, especially Yasmine who checked you in and our housekeeping regarding the clean rooms, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

06/30/14 Yasmine greeted me and provided me w/two keys and an Internet code without being asked. She was extremely courteous. Naresh came up to the counter and introduced himself and volunteered to show me the meeting room, which was set RIGHT. There was a stool in there for my comfort. The sleeping rooms are lovely and very modern, although I don’t think it’s a new hotel. The only drawback is that there’s a brick paver front walk and the front door tends to catch on it. It might be a little tough to navigate for wheelchair users, even though there’s a ramp. I am sure there are other, more accessible entrances. The pool looks very nice and the hotel was very clean. Keda did the banquet setup in the morning and was very pleasant. Don checked me out and cheerfully made change and found a fax that had been sent to me. The breakfast area was very clean and there was yogurt and fresh fruit as well as a selection of hot items.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank professordoctormom
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Professor:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. it was our pleasure to serve you. I'm sure we will see you again and I hope we will be the choice of hotel on your next visit to Charlottesville.
I will pass on your compliments to Keda, Don and Yasmine. Hope your meeting went well in Indi.

Sincerely

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Great location for Monticello, Ash-Lawn Highland and Montpelier; less advantageous for getting downtown or to UVA. Nicely renovated rooms, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast could use more healthy choices, but that's true of this chain overall. (The low-sugar yogurt was appreciated by my diet-restricted husband; no-sugar syrup and jam would be an advantage.) If you need a microwave, be sure to ask when you make your reservation; not all the rooms have them. A very good value - plus we felt welcomed and cared for during a 4 night stay, and that is priceless.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
C-I-Monticello, General Manager at Comfort Inn Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Lang B

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Inn Monticello. We do try to accommodate special requests, however we do offer sugar free syrup and peanut butter upon request during breakfast hours.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a safe trip home.

Once a gain thank you for your kind words.