“Very special place in the country”

The Spa at Boar's Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Building on the lifestyle and beliefs of Thomas Jefferson that natural and preventive health was achieved through a daily regime of exercise, healthy eating, education and stress reduction The Spa at Boar's Head has incorporated his philosophies into its signature products and services.
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Beautiful grounds and estate just outside Charlottesville, Va with terrific walks in the country. Excellent buffet breakfast and sumptuous buffet brunch. Very comfortable rooms

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best hotel/inn at which to stay when visiting UVA. The restaurant is just okay but expensive. My suggestion is to stay at the inn and make the short trip into Charlottesville for your meals. The inn is older but quaint and elegant.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

I went first thing in the morning on a Thursday and it was so quiet and peaceful. I felt as if I had the place all to myself. The signs to the spa are clearly marked. It's a short walk through the quaint corridor to the front entrance. The front entrance is nice with big red doors and a cute boutique at the check-in desk. Rachel was very helpful. You walk through the waiting area to the locker room, which had nice amenities. I received an 80 minute Nourishing Facial with Suzi which was excellent. Very relaxing, delicate and considerate of my skin needs. The price was a little high for a facial at $150 however, it was well worth it. I would definitely pay that price for the relaxing experience I received. The only disappointment was that the steam room was not working properly which is the reason I rated it 4 out of 5. Although the staff did their best to try and get the steam room working. As a side note, I would recommend a few small changes to the decor in the waiting lounge. I suggest eliminating some of the various patterned textiles and choose colors to match the style & color scheme of the boutique & locker room. However, these small details in no way effect the wonderful experience I had.

2  Thank Kristen D
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I love a resort with a spa that could accomadate 4 of us at a time. The staff was efficient getting us checked in. My husband and I enjoyed a couple massage that was first rate. Justin was in tune to the parts that needed a little more attention.