“Awful”
Review of Cityspa

Cityspa
More attraction details
Owner description: Cityspa is located in the heart of downtown Charlottesville, in the historic district. We offer massage, facials, waxing, body wraps and scrubs, eyelash extensions, nail services and makeup. Our massage therapists can relax you and release your tight, sore muscles, lower your blood pressure and ease your anxiety. The estheticians at Cityspa are educated and experienced. They are prepared to help you reach you skin care goals. We use an ultra-premium French skin care line (Pevonia) that nourishes the skin and gets results. And with no sulfates, colors, fragrances, alcohol, mineral oil or gluten. Pevonia is formulated with essential oils and plant essences. We look forward to "treating" you!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Worst experience I have had cannot believe they still get business. They are overpriced and don't offer nail designs acrylic or any of the basic services a nail salon should.the employees are rude and barely know what they are doing. I personally don't recommend them for any service.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank ashweeed

Lexington, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great couples massage!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I had a couples massage for our anniversary with Sarah and Anneslie.

I booked online and got an immediate confirmation. Super easy and quick.

I was driving from an hour plus a way and got a little held up in traffic. Even though I was late and they justifiably could have cut our service short and charged the full price, they were so kind about everything and still gave us the full time. Literally, they stayed late just out of kindness.

The spa itself is very laid back, the staff is pretty relaxed, but we liked that. It isn't sutffy or pretentious, I really felt that they were focused on making us feel welcome. Plus, its Charlottesville, things tend to be pretty relaxed!

Overall, great experience. We would recommend and would come back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kelly C
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Disappointing Experience!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My Daughter gave me a Gift Certificate for a mani/pedi for Mother's Day. Neither of us had ever been to Cityspa. When I walked into the downstairs area, the receptionist/manicurist) looked as though she was sleeping in the large leather sofa where pedicures are given. Not a good start! After we discussed why I was there, she disappeared for a few minutes and returned with the bowl of luke warm water to soak my feet. Weird! The pedicure itself was sub par and when I requested French manicure on my toes, she said she didn't know how to do that! WHAT?? I agreed to a color and when she was finished, it appeared a 7 year old had painted my toes. There was soooo much to complain about that I just never said anything. My mistake. I still have money left on my Gift Certificate, but don't even wan to go back to use it up. Don't waste you time:(

Visited January 2014
Butler, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“What a waste”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My sister had booked herself, me and her bridesmaids for shellac manicures. I get these all the time and this was by far the most expensive and worst one I have ever received. Walking into this place it looked like a hole in the wall. The staff was dressed extremely unprofessionally and didn't even know who had what appointment. The one manicurist couldn't even get the socket to work to put in the LED dryer. After the second coat my nails were bubbling and the manicurist told me that was normal (which it is absolutely not). 2 hours after I left my nails were chipping and my nails were breaking. The last shellac manicure I had stayed 3 weeks w no chips and still looked perfect for 45$ you would think this would be flawless it is not. I WOULD NEVER recommend this place to anyone.

Visited November 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Feeling great!”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I scheduled a 90 minute massage with Karah based on her google reviews. I can tell you right now it was well worth the splurge. I disagree with the woman who said it was over priced- how can you beat 90 minutes for $100!! Karah was amazing, had great pressure and incredible touch. Can't wait to come back!

Visited June 2013