“Fantastic facial” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cityspa

Cityspa
More attraction details
Owner description: Cityspa is located in the heart of downtown Charlottesville, in the historic district. We offer massage, facials, waxing, body wraps and scrubs, eyelash extensions, nail services and makeup. Our massage therapists can relax you and release your tight, sore muscles, lower your blood pressure and ease your anxiety. The estheticians at Cityspa are educated and experienced. They are prepared to help you reach you skin care goals. We use an ultra-premium French skin care line (Pevonia) that nourishes the skin and gets results. And with no sulfates, colors, fragrances, alcohol, mineral oil or gluten. Pevonia is formulated with essential oils and plant essences. We look forward to "treating" you!
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic facial”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I recently visited Charlottesville to attend a wedding. I scheduled a facial at Cityspa with Jackie. I wish I lived close by so I could make her my regular esthetician. She gave such a relaxing treatment but more importantly she was very knowledgable. Usually I feel like my skin is pretty dry and dull. I wanted to look great for the wedding and also wanted a little rest and relaxation. When I left I felt fantastic and my skin was glowing. I purchased a couple of the products she recommended and feel like my complexion is better than ever.

Visited July 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic treatment - relaxing spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I recently traveled on business to Charlottesville and I brought my wife along for a little rest and relaxation. We visited Cityspa and totally enjoyed our visit. We almost didn't go because of some of these reviews but we are so glad we went anyway. She received a manicure that was flawless and we both had massages that were the best we have ever had! Now she wants to come with me every time so she can visit Cityspa.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Michael F
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Worst experience I have had cannot believe they still get business. They are overpriced and don't offer nail designs acrylic or any of the basic services a nail salon should.the employees are rude and barely know what they are doing. I personally don't recommend them for any service.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank ashweeed
Lexington, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great couples massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I had a couples massage for our anniversary with Sarah and Anneslie.

I booked online and got an immediate confirmation. Super easy and quick.

I was driving from an hour plus a way and got a little held up in traffic. Even though I was late and they justifiably could have cut our service short and charged the full price, they were so kind about everything and still gave us the full time. Literally, they stayed late just out of kindness.

The spa itself is very laid back, the staff is pretty relaxed, but we liked that. It isn't sutffy or pretentious, I really felt that they were focused on making us feel welcome. Plus, its Charlottesville, things tend to be pretty relaxed!

Overall, great experience. We would recommend and would come back.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kelly C
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Disappointing Experience!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My Daughter gave me a Gift Certificate for a mani/pedi for Mother's Day. Neither of us had ever been to Cityspa. When I walked into the downstairs area, the receptionist/manicurist) looked as though she was sleeping in the large leather sofa where pedicures are given. Not a good start! After we discussed why I was there, she disappeared for a few minutes and returned with the bowl of luke warm water to soak my feet. Weird! The pedicure itself was sub par and when I requested French manicure on my toes, she said she didn't know how to do that! WHAT?? I agreed to a color and when she was finished, it appeared a 7 year old had painted my toes. There was soooo much to complain about that I just never said anything. My mistake. I still have money left on my Gift Certificate, but don't even wan to go back to use it up. Don't waste you time:(

Visited January 2014