“Worst place in Charlottesville”
Review of Cafe Bocce - CLOSED

Cafe Bocce
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Worst place in Charlottesville”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This could possibly the worst place in Charlottesville. Had an awful meatball sub here that made me sick for days. If you like really bad food and terrible service, this place is for you.

• Visited January 2014

Barboursville
“Scottsville's loss...Cville's gain!”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rarely do we rate a restaurant at 5 stars, but on this night Caffe Bocce deserves every star. The food was wonderful; creative and perfectly prepared. And, the service, from opening the door for us to bidding us good night, was exceptional and made us feel like it was important that we were there!
We will go back and recommend it to friends.

• Visited November 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“A Lovely Rehearsal Dinner, Lovely Neighbors”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My husband and I live in the same building as Cafe Bocce (the Old Michie Building) and as we constantly walk by the restaurant, we're greeted with friendly hellos and smiles by Chris and his staff on a daily basis. Dinner there is always a pleasure. The waitstaff is knowledgeable and helpful. The food is incredible, with great wine selections, too. I'm a huge fan of pasta and seafood, and there are always several choices on the menu to choose from. The mussels are my go-to appetizer just about every time I come in. I also love their salads - they really keep seasonality in mind with their ingredients.
Now to the rehearsal dinner, which was held in August 2013. Chris and his staff went above and beyond to accommodate our 20 friends and family members and worked closely with my mother-in-law to get exactly what we needed. Even with a big party and a busy Saturday night at the restaurant, the quality and friendliness were still present, and made for a beautiful and memorable evening. We had a few little ones at the party and they got what they needed, too.
Needless to say, I highly recommend this restaurant. Good people, good food, good experience all around.

• Visited August 2013
Afton, Virginia
“Old-fashioned charm”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

What a wonderful surprise to find this level of service and charm in this day and age. White table cloths and napkins....lovely yet unpretentious atmosphere...unobtrusive background music (no televisions - yay!)....rotating oil paintings by local artists on the walls.....attentive, well-mannered wait staff. We were warmly greeted by the owner whose attention to detail is apparent - he thanked us for coming when we took our leave after a most enjoyable luncheon. The food is delicious. What an oasis. This level of cuisine, along with service and atmosphere used to be what one would expect from a "dinner out". Sadly, dining experiences this pleasant are increasingly difficult to come by. Caffe Bocce moves to our short list of go-to places in Charlottesville.

• Visited September 2013
“Perfect rehearsal dinner!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I held my rehearsal dinner for my wedding at Caffe Bocce on July 4 and could not have been more pleased. Chris and his staff did a wonderful job of making my guests comfortable. The service was truly fantastic and the food, as always, was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant for your next event or just dinner for 2!

• Visited July 2013