“Good restaurant”

Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good restaurant”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The lentil and merguez is excellent. Each time perfectly seasoned with a good harissa.

The orange dessert with cinnamon is also very good.

Simple food but done perfectly. I should go more often.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kevinJ75

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great Find!”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Definitely check this place out. We had flawless service from our waiter, who clearly knew the menu and had great wine knowledge. The wine list was varied, interesting and GOOD. The food was fantastic. I had salmon over orzo pasta with Moroccan spices. The salmon was cooked to perfection with delicious, crispy skin on the bottom. My husband had lamb with vegetables over couscous. His dish had a beautiful depth of flavor. The homemade baklava dessert sounded heavenly but we were too full! Next time we will share so we can have dessert too.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LauraKathryn
Sarasota
“Authentic Food: truly home made and delicious.”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Outstanding dining in a casual, sophisticated restaurant with loving attention from the charming owner who is a master of hospitality while serving well prepared, moroccan food.

Ingredients fresh and home made; such as soup, stuffed vine leaves, hummus and other items all to be savored and enjoyed. Original combinations, grilled meats and mediterranean platters.

Our luncheon group was offered a complimentary dessert of orange slices glazed with rose water, cinnamon and toasted almonds. An unexpected and refreshing treat on a sticky summer day.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sarasko
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not waste your time.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Just got back with my Greek Salad. Two olives, no spring greens, romaine instead. Very little feta cheese and was not what I had expected for $9.00. I called them after I got to my destination and the lady manager explained to me that the baby greens are mixed with romaine and the menu says baby greens. Not romaine which is very hard and crunchy, not soft like baby greens. She explained to me that I had to bring the salad back in order to get my money back. Here is the deal, I have been in the food and beverage business for 40 years this Sept. I know how this works and I know the difference in the lettuce and the cheese and olives I have to tell you; I will NEVER RETURN and I would like all of you who are attempting this place for the first time, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. In this economy, who can afford to pay this price when you can get this same size salad free with a meal or under $4.00 as a side salad if the salad does not come with your meal. Please do not waste your time. Management does not seem to want to make it right. If this is happening, I would make sure the wine is the correct vintage and if they are pouring by the glass, be sure to ask to see the bottle they just poured it out of.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank rotabear
Virginia
“friendliest owner, delicious food”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I always like coming to Aroma's — not only for the fresh, healthy Moroccan food (just ate a delish Greek salad topped with a spicy skewered chicken breast; my dining companion had a shrimp-atop-risotto special) ... but also because the owner always comes over to say hello and hope we enjoyed our meal.

• Visited July 2013