“Interesting”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Interesting”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This restaurant has a roadside bar appearance on the exterior, but a very rustic, subdued elegance, white table cloth ambience inside. Apparently this was an old C&O railroad employee room and boarding house. We ate in the cozy lower bar dining area. The music was an interesting eclectic mix, but was a little loud for my taste and became tiring as the night proceeded. The food was very good and the presentation attractive. We enjoyed a bibb lettuce salad with shaved gruyere and pommery mustard dressing. My wife had a delicious appetizer for her entree, the roasted scallops with vegetable provencal and parmigiano sauce. The scallops were done perfectly and were adequate for a smaller appetite. I had the yellowfin tuna with local‌ mushrooms, port-sherry sauce and potato agnolotti, together with an order of brussels sprouts, capers and shallots. The tuna was fresh, done as ordered and flavorful. The brussel sprouts were tender. The C&O has a good wine list and the service was acceptable, if not impressive. An enjoyable evening.

• Visited October 2013

New York City, New York
“Salty”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

the meals were all a little bit too salty to my taste. the waiter offer us to taste a newly opened bottle of the same with we were drinking and also didn't change or offer to change our wine glasses with each new bottle

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Golden16118
staunton, va
“Good food, good staff, not cheap.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A Saturday night visit on a busy night still produced good food and service. The staff was attentive but not cloying, the food was very good....well prepared and nice-sized servings. We were seated in the Mezzanine, which was okay but very busy as the staff walked by constantly on their way to and from the patio area. The wine list was good but very over priced. Toatl bill for two of us, including drinks and one for-the-table appetizer, (no wine) was $100 plus tip.

• Visited October 2013
Richland, Washington
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I enjoyed the taste of the food. This is a five star restaurant. Don't let the store front fool you. Great food.

Visited August 2013
Wisconsin
“Pricey but WELL worth it”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I sure wish we had this restaurant close to home. From start to finish, the meal was excellent. We started with a warm tomato tart, which was a savory treat, though it was a bit too garlicky for my taste. My entree, the lamb shoulder, which consisted of a boneless portion of braised lamb in a rosemary-infused sauce with carrots and potato gnocchi, was delicious. Hubby had the pork chop - a huge cut, with a mustard cream sauce - and he said it was awesome. Desserts were great too - I had the sticky toffee pudding, and it was better than I've had at St. Andrews in NYC. It was one of the best meals I've had anywhere. On our second night in Charlottesville, we went somewhere else and were not nearly as pleased. I wish we had dined here both nights.

• Visited September 2013