“Cozy”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Ky
“Cozy”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Being from out of town just stopped in for appetizers thought the food was good and everyone was helpful with our questions.

• Visited November 2013

Deltaville, Virginia
“Overpriced-Understaffed”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant based on other reviews but my hopes were soon dashed. Our reservation was late in the dinner hour-8:30 but they were expecting us and had a nice table for two ready. After we were seated we waited 5 minutes to be noticed and another few minutes to have our waters filled. Another two or three minutes passed before someone came to take our drink orders. It seemed to take a long time to get our drinks and then to take our orders. Our waiter didn't introduce himself just came up to take our orders with no explanation of the dishes other than they might be out of the lamb. Most of the entrees are $25.00 and up. This does not include a salad or vegetables. My companion had the oyster stew appetizer which she said was good. The salad I ordered was dreadful-Bibb lettuce, and indistinguishable dressing and shavings of dry tasteless gruyere cheese for $7.
The bread was good. We didn't wait too long for our entrees. She ordered the trout and I ordered the flank steak medium rare and it was so cooked. There was no salt or pepper on the table and we had to wait and ask for pepper to be provided. The steak was so tough I could hardly cut it with the steak knife they provided. Several of the slices were mostly fat. The garlic mashed potatoes were tasty. The portion was adequate but not overly generous. If I were a big hungry man I would have still been hungry. As it was I had plenty of room for dessert, which was good-gingerbread with local apples.
I was embarrassed at the cost because my friend was treating. She commented that her fish was okay but that she would never return to this restaurant. I eat out frequently and am retired from the restaurant business. I don't mind paying top price for quality food, but this is not the case at C & O. The food was so-so and the service less than adequate.

3 Thank Raynell S
Minocqua, Wisconsin
“Interesting”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This restaurant has a roadside bar appearance on the exterior, but a very rustic, subdued elegance, white table cloth ambience inside. Apparently this was an old C&O railroad employee room and boarding house. We ate in the cozy lower bar dining area. The music was an interesting eclectic mix, but was a little loud for my taste and became tiring as the night proceeded. The food was very good and the presentation attractive. We enjoyed a bibb lettuce salad with shaved gruyere and pommery mustard dressing. My wife had a delicious appetizer for her entree, the roasted scallops with vegetable provencal and parmigiano sauce. The scallops were done perfectly and were adequate for a smaller appetite. I had the yellowfin tuna with local‌ mushrooms, port-sherry sauce and potato agnolotti, together with an order of brussels sprouts, capers and shallots. The tuna was fresh, done as ordered and flavorful. The brussel sprouts were tender. The C&O has a good wine list and the service was acceptable, if not impressive. An enjoyable evening.

New York City, New York
“Salty”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

the meals were all a little bit too salty to my taste. the waiter offer us to taste a newly opened bottle of the same with we were drinking and also didn't change or offer to change our wine glasses with each new bottle

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Golden16118
staunton, va
“Good food, good staff, not cheap.”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A Saturday night visit on a busy night still produced good food and service. The staff was attentive but not cloying, the food was very good....well prepared and nice-sized servings. We were seated in the Mezzanine, which was okay but very busy as the staff walked by constantly on their way to and from the patio area. The wine list was good but very over priced. Toatl bill for two of us, including drinks and one for-the-table appetizer, (no wine) was $100 plus tip.