“Carry out Pizza Pizazz”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Carry out Pizza Pizazz”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

By far the best and most interesting pizza's around. Fresh ingredients, cheeses. Names like Mediteranean, Stuffed Spinich Pie, Supreme, Artichoke and Sun dried tomatoes, Spicy Chicken with Pepppers. I think we have tried most all of them over the years. One size only: Large, 16". Not cheap but worth the taste treat. Enjoy the lively selections.

• Visited February 2014

Virginia
“Always good healthy fresh ingredients”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

But perhaps a sign of the times; the value just isn't the same. If you doubt that small businesses are still struggling, or that inflation is really at the government's fabricated figure, just try pizza for 2 adults and 1 child for $30. Then notice that Christians now has posted a hand written sign on the free flowing drink machine that refills are now 50 cents; no longer free. I don't blame Christians. Its tough out there.

• Visited December 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Just Average at Best”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The only reason I didn't give this place a two star rating is the cost and portion size. Portions were generous for the price paid. I got a slice of sausage and peperoni pizza. The crust was nice and crisp because it was burned. The pizza was tasteless. The cheese had a melted plastic like appearance. I ate a few bites and decided it wasn't worth the calorie intake. Today I had a grocery store pizza that I baked in the oven, and it was so much better. I don't know why this place is so popular. Perhaps I was there on a bad day..

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank ATravelingGirl09
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Awesome Pizza”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

great pizza, central location - one of my all time favourite pizza haunts when I'm in the States!
First ventured into Christian's with friends who were working nearby and it has now become an annual tradition - love it!

• Visited June 2013
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Just awful pizza and ridiculously unfriendly server”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stopped here for a quick bite on the way back to Richmond. I have to laugh now when thinking about what to write because when we stopped here my wife said, "Are you sure we should eat here? Christian's Pizza? If it doesn't have some Italian name or something NY in the name then it can't be good." And unfortunately she was so right.

The server behind the counter was some college-age kid with zero people skills and a personality of a rock to match. He mumbled when I asked a few questions about the pizza and he was in no hurry to take our order. When we got the pizza I noticed it was as hard as concrete and was completely overdone. I took a few bites and sent it back asking for new slices.

I told him to only heat the slices for a few minutes but he quickly forgot, or didn't care, and I had to insist he take them out before the same thing happened again. He reluctantly handed me my pizza and then I took a bite. It was more palatable this time in terms of texture, but the taste was just awful. You could see by the plastic-like appearance and taste of the cheese that it was of very low quality and the sauce was very much like something from a can in a pizza kit you can make at home. I had sausage on one slice and it tasted very bland and lacking the normal character of good Italian sausage, and the chicken on the other slice was not seasoned and was so dried out I couldn't even chew it up.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this was worse than carnival pizza or something like Celeste or some cheap pizza you can make at home. And the absolutely miserable server didn't help the situation either. I'm glad I only wasted $12.

• Visited October 2013