“Loved it.”
Review of Fleurie Restaurant

Fleurie Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleurie Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 552 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Server and manager were great. We enjoyed several selections from the wine list and had a great time. We really appreciated the atmosphere while catching up with long-time friends.

Visited November 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Really nice experience”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We have eaten here 3 times over the past 1.5 years and each time, we have had impeccable yet friendly service. The food is appropriately prepared and presented. Portions are just right and the blend of flavors and textures satisfy as well. The wine list has a fairly good range with some going very high end (hundreds per bottle) so this scare away some.

During my recent visit we shared a reasonable bottle of Bordeaux red wine, the Seared Hudson Valley Foie Gras appetizer and it was sumptuous. My spouse had the Wild Caught Salmon with Fennel Purée, Sweet Garlic Butter, Black Olive Tapenade and I had the Pan Roasted Beef Tenderloin, Red Wine Risotto, Mushrooms and Béarnaise Sauce - we alway try each others dishes - both were just right and we nearly licked our plates. We ended by sharing nice chocolate maple cake with pear sorbet and poached pear along with espresso. They always give you some little treats (petit fours) whether or not you order dessert.
It was a great meal at a very nice place for my birthday.

This restaurant is good for special occassions, business dinners or a splurge. They have a small outdoor seating area (4 - 5 tables) and which allows our well-behaved pups to accompany us.
We will return again.

• Visited September 2013
Arlington, VA
“Delicious food and great service”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I walked in randomly one evening and we were sat right away. We were then brought an amuse bouche which was a mini bacon creme brulee, sounds kinda weird, but it was quite tasty and it really worked. The service was excellent and my lobster was cooked to perfection. Everything was pretty expensive and the portions were really small, even for French standards. My husband wanted to stop and get pizza on the way home because he was still hungry, even thought we both had an appetizer and entree each. For this reason I am only giving 4 stars. I don't mind paying more for high quality food but I also don't want to leave still hungry and down $140.

• Visited April 2013
Key West, Florida
“Consistently delightful”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We discovered this charming gem tucked on a side street off Charlottesville's Main Street pedestrian mall in 2009. (Loved it so much I used it as a setting for a dinner scene in my book "Thomas Jefferson, Rachel & Me." Jefferson loved all things French and he would have loved this classy joint.)
We had a wonderful dinner then, returned in late 2012 and incredibly had an even better experience (which almost never happens when you've been delighted the first time). The place was absolutely packed (it was a Saturday night) and in a high state of buzz. Service was highly professional, attentive without being overbearing, the seating and the atmosphere were more than delightful (we sat at a deuce along the banquet-side of the cozy dining room) and the food was beyond great.
We went back for a third time just the other night and, again, had a lovely evening and a fabulous meal. The scene was quieter (it was midweek) and the service was a wee bit shaky: we wondered if a server or bartender had gone missing because three young women in little black dresses did all the seating, serving and bar tending.
It's not a big restaurant but for a little while they seemed almost overwhelmed with some large parties coming in and taking a lot of time to make wine selections. We did not remember the servers being responsible for making their own drinks. We, in fact, recalled seeing a bartender on our previous visits. But not this time.
I can't drink wine -- sulfites ruin me -- so unfortunately can't comment on that aspect of Fleurie. As for our drinks, which we waited a long time to order, mine was a perfectly made vodka martini. My wife's vodka and tonic had to be returned because it was made with club soda (she saw it happening over at the bar). No problem. The error was quickly and graciously corrected.
All that was a very minor blip.The rest of the meal and the whole experience was terrific, as always.
First came an amuse bouche, a warm herbal cheesecake topped with crab. Wow!
I had the garden salad to start. Simple and perfect, with local greens including (we thought) watercress! The mustard vinaigrette was fantastically light and bright. Then I had the salmon with a fennel puree. Perfect.
My wife had a side of spicy corn that she loved (I did too) and main course of lamb chops with an awesome potato selection (sorry can't remember what it was called, a bit like an au gratin but fancier and finer and prettier than that) and fresh peas. All of it fantastic.
We can't help succumbing to dessert here. Bergamot ice cream with little cakes and chocolate truffles. Yow.
The whole time my wife got to enjoy watching the chefs at work thru the serving portal across the room. That's okay. I got to watch her.
We will never visit C'Ville without including Fleurie in our plans.

• Visited September 2013
Palmyra, Virginia
“Delicious meal....wonderful service”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We choose Fleurie for our 45th wedding anniversary and treated ourselves to the chef's tasting menu and wine pairings. There was not one bite that was less than delicious and the service was wonderful. The wines were carefully chosen, perfectly paired, and generously poured. And, no one called us "you guys" ( my pet peeve) all evening. I am looking forward to another special occasion so we can treat ourselves again.

• Visited August 2013