“Absolutely the best meal of our vacation ”
Review of Bizou

Bizou
Ranked #17 of 606 Restaurants in Charlottesville
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

My friends and I ate here last night on a recommendation. Best meal of our vacation. Shared the shrimp and grits as an appetizer - Wonderful. And for the meals, the meatloaf and the chicken pot pie! We shared a desert and we left there a group of Happy People.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We dined in this street restaurant in September and found it to be a good place for a casual dine out with not too much time taken. They were busy so considering this the service was okay and the meal not too long in coming. the meal itself was very tasty and filling

1  Thank Pamsreview
Reviewed 24 October 2017

We visited Bizou on a Tuesday evening. Since the weather was pleasant, we considered sitting outside, but chose to eat inside with the happy, noisy crowd. Our waitress recounted a number of specials in addition to the intriguing items on the menu. My wife started with a Brussels sprouts and pear salad which was very light and flavorful, while I enjoyed a half bowl of the root vegetable salad dressed with a delicious pistachio vinaigrette which reminded me of the peanut sauce on Asian noodle salad. For an entree, my wife ordered the baked chevre appetizer which featured a sweet-tart mountain rose apple with reddish flesh, but was otherwise somewhat bland. I selected the short ribs which were a special that evening—tasty but not quite as tender as I would have liked. We both had plenty to eat, and had to pass on some tempting dessert offerings. With an alcoholic beverage each, our bill was just over $70 before the tip. This was our third visit, and we will certainly look forward to eating here again when we're in Charlottesville.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Bizou has a number of tables outside on the Main Street downtown mall. We had a delicious meal. The golden beet and butternut squash soup, Brussels sprouts salad, “Bavette” steak, butternut squash ravioli and apple fritters were all wonderful. Bizou is next door to the Blue Whale Books used book store, which is open late, so stop in.

1  Thank fyiNYC
Reviewed 22 October 2017

On the lovely pedestrianised Main Street we ate at Bizou on both our two nights in the town. First night we sat outside, watching the world go by as well as enjoying their bavette steak (superb, said my wife) and catfish, also excellent say I! The menu was so good that we returned the next day, when as it was somewhat cooler we ate inside - fun but not as good as the street. I particularly wanted the steak, which was very good but maybe not as tender a cut as my wife had enjoyed. She had the ravioli and was very pleased. Good attentive service